Discuss Question about electrical connection and feasibility in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Fenrir

-
Reaction score
Hi,

In the past, my flat had 2 beepers , 1 at the door, and 1 at the study much further away. In recent years, the evil housing association which owns the building has introduced new beepers/buzzers, but this time only 1 for each flat. Now, I find that, with just 1 buzzer/beeper, I cannot hear it if someone rings the bell from outside the block of flats, if I am far away from the door. A relative of mine was told that it was impossible for an electrician to change the connection so that it would also ring elsewhere in the flat, not just at the door of the flat. Is this really true? It sounds dodgy to me. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.

If it's anything like here in the UK, technically you would need the permission of the owner, since that's the housing association if their official line is it can't be done, I suspect they are unlikely to give permission.

Welcome to the forums.

If it's anything like here in the UK, technically you would need the permission of the owner, since that's the housing association if their official line is it can't be done, I suspect they are unlikely to give permission.
I agree with SC, but why "Evil Housing Association"? it sounds Dickensian Fenrir, can you not ask them to install a repeater, or louder bell / sounder /Buzzer something that you can hear, or do you feel this is asking too much of your Land Lords?

It is asking too much. They are known for accepting bribes from various companies to do work for them, then they constantly try to force the flat-owners to pay for expensive repairs to the whole building, which they always claim are essential. The relevant companies , needless to say, only hire the cheapest Eastern European workers they can find so as to cut costs. The HA is hopelessly corrupt. Ah well, I was hoping that an electrician might be persuaded to do some work without needing to involve the housing association, in return for extra cash to keep quiet.

It is asking too much. They are known for accepting bribes from various companies to do work for them, then they constantly try to force the flat-owners to pay for expensive repairs to the whole building, which they always claim are essential. The relevant companies , needless to say, only hire the cheapest Eastern European workers they can find so as to cut costs. The HA is hopelessly corrupt. Ah well, I was hoping that an electrician might be persuaded to do some work without needing to involve the housing association, in return for extra cash to keep quiet.
Think you have come to the wrong place Mate

just find an eastern european spark to fit an additional sounder for a few euros and a spliff.

Reply to Question about electrical connection and feasibility in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock