Discuss Question about Energy Effiecent lighitng in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lucas

Just a quick one, does anyone know what percentage of lighting in a new build has to be energy efficent? We did a job last year that was 25% but now the builder is saying it has raised to 75%. Shame they don't recognise 4W LED's over 11W energy efficent's! Seem's to me like a bit of a grey area and would much appreciate if someone could clear it up for me :)

Just a quick one, does anyone know what percentage of lighting in a new build has to be energy efficent? We did a job last year that was 25% but now the builder is saying it has raised to 75%. Shame they don't recognise 4W LED's over 11W energy efficent's! Seem's to me like a bit of a grey area and would much appreciate if someone could clear it up for me :)

You need Approved Document L1A and L1B they define 'energy efficient' by lumens per circuit watt per luminaire.

My information on provision of luminaires says that you must:

Provide light fittings (including the lamp, control gear, housing, reflector, shade or diffuser)
that can only take lamps having a luminous efficacy greater than 40 lumens per circuit-watt.
Provide fixed energy efficient light fittings (as above) that number no fewer than the greater of:
a. one per 25 m2 of dwelling floor area (excluding garages), or
b. one per four fixed lighting fittings.

I will check tomorrow if this is still the current guidance.

Reply to Question about Energy Effiecent lighitng in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A bit of a mini essay but these questions have been building up in my mind over the last weeks and months as I've been studying and volunteering...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
I've been to see a flat which needs a rewire. The flat is being completely renovated. I've just recently qualified, I have done rewires before...
Replies
Views
Last time I posted on forum it was on the thorny issue of over unity machines which alas got confused with perpetual motion -- and other supposed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock