Discuss Question about Napit..?? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

hungy5

Just a quick question, I had a chat with Napit and told them that i current hold a EAL qualification and doing my exam of C&G 2382 in the end of June.
Napit said that I have two options, which is I qualify to joint Level B Define Scope and entire to Level A Full Scope which require I must come to their centre and do a Trade Test 4 days course, this invole 2 hours mutiple choice and 7 hours of practicle test. By the way the course is free.

Just wonder is this part of their requirement to entry to Level A. Does all the guys with Napit have to go throught this requirement?
Also had a chat with Elecsa they said that I can join Level A with no problem. my though at the momment will be Elecsa and a bit cheap as well.

Any comments please....many thanks...!!!

The difference with Napit and the others is that Napit do not recognise domestic installer status.
You are required to be a qualified Electrician with certificates and possess the city and guilds 2381 and the test and inspection 2391 They may accept you for full scope
( Industrial Commercial and Domestic) if you pass their trade test and show competence that way Anything less is defined scope only
The Niceic and Elecsa dont have these requirements because they run a Domestic installer scheme
The Niceic are the but of many jokes nowadays with hardly any standards required just your money
If you had a bicycle proficiency certificate you would probably get in with them :D

Elecsa appear to have a good name with their members and is now owned by the Eca
so they have a good future
The Niceic membership seem to complain about their service quite a lot,but they do have the highest profile of the bunch If you want membership to generate work then go with the Niceic
The Niceic also run the approved contractor scheme The entry level for that is much higher than the Domestic installer scheme I dont think its absolute to have the 2391 though

Hi, I am looking into (rather having to) join one of the clubs, NIC followed all the comments, not if I have a choice (I know I have a choice), just pay here. NAPIT their forms say 2391 valid for 5 years, even though it is a life time qualification, have NAPIT got it wrong and it should be H&E certifcate, renewed every 5 years. Looking in to the others Elecsa, etc.

Need to work through the pros and CONS of each. Has anyone already done this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi des and mdavismccoy, just finished conversation with Niceic, they said that i can register as Full Scope Domestic.
A year membership and assessments is around 430 pounds. would take roughly 6 10 7 weeks for assessments. In the future if I complete c&g 2391,I can do inspection and testing for domestic or update the scheme to commercial as well.
I think Elecsa is around same price and they only dealing with domestic, but not commercial and industry. So i think if you want to do both then Niciec would be the best. bare in mind they're from old school and more paper work to fill out than Elecsa.

I properly go with Niceic to save all the hassle in the future. the down side they charge for each notifiable job is more than Elecsa.

Hi, I am looking into (rather having to) join one of the clubs, NIC followed all the comments, not if I have a choice (I know I have a choice), just pay here. NAPIT their forms say 2391 valid for 5 years, even though it is a life time qualification, have NAPIT got it wrong and it should be H&E certifcate, renewed every 5 years. Looking in to the others Elecsa, etc.

Need to work through the pros and CONS of each. Has anyone already done this.

Yeah I have seen that on their site, about the 2391 being valid for 5 years

I teach the 2391, and C&G wont let you sit an exam of the same type and level that you already hold, so you cant renew it

Wonder what Napit mean?:confused:

I teach the 2391, and C&G wont let you sit an exam of the same type and level that you already hold, so you cant renew it

Wonder what Napit mean?:confused:[/quote]

Shakey
What it means is that you have to do their NA2391 which is a version of the C & G 2391 and probiley as much use as toilet paper.

Wonder what Napit mean?:confused:[/quote]

Shakey
What it means is that you have to do their NA2391 which is a version of the C & G 2391 and probiley as much use as toilet paper.

probably right Ian, I have no doubt its free though aint it? Or am i being cynical:p

It could also be a refresher course just to make sure you are up to date with the regs and are not getting to complacent with your testing.

The 2391 with napit was a bit of an embarrasment at one time
They accept the 2391 as a lifelong qualification after getting tempers soaring by putting a 5 year limit on its acceptance by themselves
They still have the 5 year renewal of the qualification with the explanation that ongoing training and experience will satisfy that requirement
It seems they dropped a clanger with no understanding of the angry response off the membership probably with the good intention of maintaining high member standards

The 2391 with napit was a bit of an embarrasment at one time
They accept the 2391 as a lifelong qualification after getting tempers soaring by putting a 5 year limit on its acceptance by themselves
They still have the 5 year renewal of the qualification with the explanation that ongoing training and experience will satisfy that requirement
It seems they dropped a clanger with no understanding of the angry response off the membership probably with the good intention of maintaining high member standards

Des, just to clarify then, what happens after 5 years? do you then have to sit Napit's qual? and wht if you fail?:p

Shakey
The 5 years for 2391 expiry date will not be for another 4 years min for any member,because this idea is relatively new and as I said they dropped themselves in an embarrasing position,because, precisely that the c+g 2391 is a lifelong qualification
They changed their stance to ongoing experience and training to satisfy their position
without losing face and admitting the mistake
The ongoing testing experience is fullfilled because anyone installing (not only pir testing) has to test and certify their work anyway
So in effect there will be no other requirement
No one will have to take their exam, that is only an in house substitution for the 2391 where they generate income because they provide the training and exam for those who dont possess the city and guilds version
I can understand their aim in all of this, because as its name suggests it was originally profesional inspectors and testers Mostly people doing solely the pir side of the trade
Now it as grown into the largest trade body mainly with installers instead so the aim was to maintain the highest requirements of the schemes with an ill thought up idea of making sure everybody were up to date with testing

Napit are a money making government scheme.it is true about the 5 years tesing and 16/17th edition upgrades.They wanted £800.00 tp retake both exams,so swapped to nic.

Reply to Question about Napit..?? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock