Discuss Question about part p scheme in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys i am fully qualified time served electrician with a jib gold card.

My question is that i am almost going to be registered with stroma and was wondering if in the meantime i can carry out part p notifiable work do the test and fill out the relevant certs. And then after my assessement and registration do all of the notifying?

basically this will save me loosing out on work during the couple of weeks in which i need to wait for assessment slot

Official answer no.

Unofficial answer- on going works, just so happened you finished after getting registered. Be warned the job would not be covered under the scemes insurance if started before you where registered.

However if your getting assessed you will need to notify any works that you have carried out that your using at the assessment.

Official answer no.

Unofficial answer- on going works, just so happened you finished after getting registered. Be warned the job would not be covered under the scemes insurance if started before you where registered.

However if your getting assessed you will need to notify any works that you have carried out that your using at the assessment.
Strictly speaking it doesnt need notifying before the assessment as you could date the certificates the day previous to your expectant successful scheme assessment. they know how it works its chicken and the egg. of course if you are one of the rare folk who get rejected then might be a bit of a problem.

Part-p is a joke same as cpc for professional drivers it's a money spinner it dosen't enhance your knowledge of training already done and it definitely dosent protect the customer from the cowboys you should only be allowed to sit this cert if you have certain qualifications before hand.

Reply to Question about part p scheme in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net