Discuss Question About Playstation 4?? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Please don't discount all the other influences,a 4 year old needs,that are not computer related.

Den building (construction) cooking (science) any park or open space (exercise)

There are some great,basic science sets,which are plenty simple enough for a youngster,with circuit design,crystal growing and many others... you want to see a group of kids faces,when you use an air-bed pump,to make water boil,after it has cooled... :)

I have had some "illuminating" conversations,over the years,with parents who have left their kids at ours,for a sleep-over,and asked for them not to be allowed any climbing or shooting...

This is perfectly acceptable,and was always respected,but then you learn that the same parents,allow them 20+ hours on a PC at weekend,shooting prostitutes and learning foul language...:eek:

We risk a generation of adults,with square eyes and fast thumbs,no legs,and a tube from their outlets,to the nearest drain...

Please don't discount all the other influences,a 4 year old needs,that are not computer related.

Den building (construction) cooking (science) any park or open space (exercise)

There are some great,basic science sets,which are plenty simple enough for a youngster,with circuit design,crystal growing and many others... you want to see a group of kids faces,when you use an air-bed pump,to make water boil,after it has cooled... :)

I have had some "illuminating" conversations,over the years,with parents who have left their kids at ours,for a sleep-over,and asked for them not to be allowed any climbing or shooting...

This is perfectly acceptable,and was always respected,but then you learn that the same parents,allow them 20+ hours on a PC at weekend,shooting prostitutes and learning foul language...:eek:

We risk a generation of adults,with square eyes and fast thumbs,no legs,and a tube from their outlets,to the nearest drain...

I could not agree more! The problem is his dad is a game addict and he is passing that onto his son ...

Apart from the science part I have done everything you suggest plus countless other stuff. My OH and I are planning a few days away soon in Corwall and it looks like the little fella will be coming along.

Fishing, crabbing, kite flying and a remote controlled boat plus no doubt hours of footy will be on the agenda plus lots of other hands on and practical stuff...

You have to make 'slime' with him... It's fun, messy and they love it. It's the 'in thing' at the moment. There are some good kits out there or you can just look up some ingredients on Youtube. Just don't get it on the carpet.

Cheers, I will have a look for that, he would love it! I'm try to convince the OH I need to have a couple of ferrets again...I am a firm believer every lad should have ferrets and dogs while they are growing up...

This is the kit we got. If you get it just make sure you mix the water and glue well or it doesn't work properly.

I apologise @rolyberkin. You are correct.. I missed that from the OP's post.

@Pete E . My son and I both think that Fortnite would not be suitable for a 4 year old. He most probably want to play as it's the most popular game at the moment, and it's free. The game is a PVP (Player versus Player) shoot-em-up.
Check the game out on Youtube as there is lots of footage on there. My lad sometimes streams him and his mates playing it.
look up where the game got its roots... dayz standalone, where you can handcuff players and force feed them bleach or rotten food, then break their legs to let their character die slowly

apparently they updated it where you can cut steaks off of other players and become a cannibal

look up where the game got its roots... dayz standalone, where you can handcuff players and force feed them bleach or rotten food, then break their legs to let their character die slowly

apparently they updated it where you can cut steaks off of other players and become a cannibal

Are you talking about 7 days To Die mate? That was pinched from Minecraft and Jeol from The Fun Pimps liked The Walking Dead and wanted to combine them both.
I've seen some of Dayz standalone on Youtube... I've seen players ger handcuffed but not the other stuff.... Why would you add the other stuff to a game anyhow is beyond me......

Are you talking about 7 days To Die mate? That was pinched from Minecraft and Jeol from The Fun Pimps liked The Walking Dead and wanted to combine them both.
I've seen some of Dayz standalone on Youtube... I've seen players ger handcuffed but not the other stuff.... Why would you add the other stuff to a game anyhow is beyond me......
nah dayz standalone, they may not have actually added it to the game but they definitely tested it

4 years old sounds way too young to be using a playstation, my nephew of the same age can barely use his mum's touch screen phone for YouTube.

It's surprising how quickly young ones can master the consoles. I see nothing wrong in a 4 year old playing on them, as long as they are not playing stuff like Black OPs 4..

Monitors and even small TVs are super cheap. I would just suggest buying one of those, I cannot imagine playing PS4 on a tiny laptop monitor that would be torture.

Reply to Question About Playstation 4?? in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock