Discuss Question for an apprentice relocating to Scotland in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to the the forum.

There are many routes that could be taken to find work, and training, but I’m afraid I’m not in a position to advise fully.

madness! move the girlfriend to sunny California. if you move to Aberdee, lease a car as it will be a pile of rust in 4 years.

I can't help much either on the training/apprenticeship routes you might follow. However, it might also help if you can say what your education/training so far is as a starting point.

While electricity is the same everywhere, the national standards and approaches to electrical installations do vary from country to country and that aspect becomes a major part of your training to know the regulations and working practices in the country you are operating in.

I can't help much either on the training/apprenticeship routes you might follow. However, it might also help if you can say what your education/training so far is as a starting point.

While electricity is the same everywhere, the national standards and approaches to electrical installations do vary from country to country and that aspect becomes a major part of your training to know the regulations and working practices in the country you are operating in.
thank you pc1966

Hello forum I am an apprentice in Southern California trying to relocate to Aberdeen Scotland (girlfriend lives there) How can I go about become an electricians mate
The training body for electricians in Scotland is SECTT

They run (quite well) the electrical trainining in Scotland in such a way that (for the same £ per person as the rest of the UK) the trainees get
  • An extra week of inspection and testinf at college
  • A mock FICA (final trade asessment) the week before the actual trade test
  • 32 days paid holiday per year
  • Lovely sunny weather all the time (spot the lie)
  • Lockout kit provided
  • Free bus travel
  • £2,500 grant for employers to take on a regsitered apprentice who has been made redundant
See the SECTT website

http://www.sectt.org.uk

The training body for electricians in Scotland is SECTT

They run (quite well) the electrical trainining in Scotland in such a way that (for the same £ per person as the rest of the UK) the trainees get
  • An extra week of inspection and testinf at college
  • A mock FICA (final trade asessment) the week before the actual trade test
  • 32 days paid holiday per year
  • Lovely sunny weather all the time (spot the lie)
  • Lockout kit provided
  • Free bus travel
  • £2,500 grant for employers to take on a regsitered apprentice who has been made redundant
See the SECTT website

http://www.sectt.org.uk
So i Got a question for you if you are located in scotland? can I direct message you?

Reply to Question for an apprentice relocating to Scotland in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net