Discuss Question regarding filling in extent and limitation. Please help. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nazoom

Hi

I am trying to fill in the Condition Report Inspection Schedule for Domestic Premiss with up to 100 A Supply. I have a question regarding filling in the Section (5.10) That states Concealed cables installed in prescribed zones. My installation reference method is B and there is no way of finding how deep the cables are or or if they in prescribed zones but they are RCD protected. What is the extent and limitation in this case? Is it 100% limitation or 50%? Or is it N/A? I know that i have to mention it in section D (extent and limitation) of the report.

Many Thanks

are you sure its ref method B ?
clipped direct to wall is ref C

anyways , you dont have to write anything in the report for cables in walls & floors that you cant see , its already noted on the first page of the eicr under limitations - have a look.

the inspection sample rate of 30% 50% or whatever , is for accessories such as lights , sockets etc , its not for cables as most houses only have about 2% of visible cable on show.

in the section " cables in prescribed / safe zones " , just write N/V ( not verified )

are you sure its ref method B ?
clipped direct to wall is ref C

anyways , you dont have to write anything in the report for cables in walls & floors that you cant see , its already noted on the first page of the eicr under limitations - have a look.

the inspection sample rate of 30% 50% or whatever , is for accessories such as lights , sockets etc , its not for cables as most houses only have about 2% of visible cable on show.

in the section " cables in prescribed / safe zones " , just write N/V ( not verified )

Glad you clarified that for the OP biff, have an awful vision of him smashing the gaff to bits for inspection lol.

I am sure the reference method for erection is B as the cables are concealed in the walls and protected by 30 ma RCD. So I ll take your advise as N/V. And there is no further investigation required?

Many Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure the reference method for erection is B as the cables are concealed in the walls and protected by 30 ma RCD. So I ll take your advise as N/V. And there is no further investigation required?

Many Thanks.

Ohh ye of little faith, Biff gave you the answer, and you are doubting it...naughty boy.

Here is a recently posted article on reference methods that YOU will find useful http://www.electriciansforums.net/i...lations/70017-reference-method-explained.html

Sorry to bother you again!

I still have a problem with this question. I am not sure whether this would require Further Investigation or not?

Sorry again biff n many thanks.

Reply to Question regarding filling in extent and limitation. Please help. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net