Discuss Question regarding neutral for Ring final Circuit. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think that we should adopt an "ask question back" to these type questions and until the OP answers there should be no more input in the thread!

Murdoch at the risk of sounding repetitive I did suggest (Along with others) that all of these kinds of posts (And posters) should be contained in a locked off forum, where these type of questions can be analysed prior to establishing whether they are professional electricians, trainees or Diy-ers , I agree with your sentiment tho, I think more info should be gained from the OP before giving advice.

ATB J

Is the RFC's neutral discontinuous? I'd have thought that was pretty obvious, or is it just me?
Sometimes I despair but then I think maybe my kids are right, maybe I am a grumpy old bugger

Tony the prob with the OP was it was misleading ?
It came across as a Q but then as a an exam Q ?
The exam could have said test this RFC ? so do we have interconnects ? spurs ? its so vague mate.

Grumpy you ? LMFAO
J

i t's not particularly angry. it's just annoying when a thread is posted giving the impression that the guy is stuck with a fault on a job, then it turns out he's asking for help with college work on the sly, when with a bit of effort the answer can be found by turning a few pages in his books.

This thread seems a bit angry for no particular reason..................
We should all help each other out here not get nasty, In my opinion anyway.

I don't think any of us are 'Angry' just increasingly irritated at being asked to give OUR time to answer questions where the OP can't be bothered to give us the full facts, this is extremely disrespectful to experienced helpful members that give up their own time ( When I could be on Red Tube ) to answer the OP's question, tell me what is one of the most vital qualities of a good sparky ? ..the ability to gather information, by asking the right questions, at the right time, of the right person to come to a conclusion about a fault, this guy just didn't bother, the devil is in the detail.
J

As I stated in a similar thread yesterday, the missing thing with some of the members is a lack of communication skills whether it be to their peers (as here) or to their customers! Electrical knowledge and skill is important but I tell you what; so is being able to communicate with others.

Last edited by a moderator:
with apprentices, i always used to find the best communication tool to be a wet rag applied across the head.

As I stated in a similar thread yesterday, the missing thing with some of the members is a lack of communication skills whether it be to their peers (as here) or to their customers! Electrical knowledge and skill is important but I tell you what; so is being able to communicate with others.

Yep, common sense wouldn't go amiss either.

What the hell are you guys talking about. You all should help each other not matter who we are or what we are doing. I had one question and you guys didnt help instead you started talking garbage about arrogance and lack of communication.

I thank everyone who replied and tried to help.

If you don't like my question or think it is arrogant to ask then why the hell are you on this forum. Isn't this forum suppose to help each other?

Thanks.

nazoom, people come on here to get help, that's fine. What isn't is the pure laziness of some students who seem to think it is OK to get answers for your homework on here. I didn't spend 3 years at college so I could do other peoples homework/coursework without any input from them.

If on the other hand they come on and give a problem letting us know it is for homework, and give some of their own suggestions to the answer they will get a lot more help and assistance.

I haven't seen your post you are referring too, and I am sure if it was a genuine problem you couldn't solve the posters on there would feel quite bad about what they said.

If you don't like my question or think it is arrogant to ask then why the hell are you on this forum. Isn't this forum suppose to help each other?

Thanks.

So you think you can ask what appears to be a fault finding question, offer no thoughts yourself and then include whats in red above.

Maybe you need to think about how you communicate and how best to get the best out of this forum. Such "attitide" as you've expressed here WILL get peoples backs up and quite rightly so IMHO.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now so lets see a more contructive question, with your thoughts on the answer next time.

What the hell are you guys talking about. You all should help each other not matter who we are or what we are doing. I had one question and you guys didnt help instead you started talking garbage about arrogance and lack of communication.

Thanks.

Oh dear, see what I mean?

Thanks.

The difference between you and a certain other poster, you've shown some appreciation.

Reply to Question regarding neutral for Ring final Circuit. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock