Discuss Question Regarding Training - Newcastle upon Tyne in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

clark2585

Hi, have a question relating to training I hope someone on here can answer about getting qualified.

I’m a 26 year old guy, married, 2 kids and currently working in the NHS as an IT engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East England.

I left school at 16 and started an apprenticeship as an electro mechanical engineer, unfortunately that was at the time a lot of the factories were laying lads off and as i was a mere apprentice I was amongst the first to go, since then I've concentrated on IT but am starting to get a little board and fancy a career change / retraining.

Given that I've got a family and two kids to keep afloat I can’t give up the current job to retrain so was looking at options such as evening classes that sort of thing but there don’t seem to be any available, only full time courses which aren’t an option.

I’m willing to give anything a go really to get into the field, have even considered approaching local firms and sole traders asking if they want some free labor in return for some training but wasn’t sure how this would be received.

Anyone offer some help or advice?

Cheers.

Hi, have a question relating to training I hope someone on here can answer about getting qualified.

I’m a 26 year old guy, married, 2 kids and currently working in the NHS as an IT engineer in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East England.

I left school at 16 and started an apprenticeship as an electro mechanical engineer, unfortunately that was at the time a lot of the factories were laying lads off and as i was a mere apprentice I was amongst the first to go, since then I've concentrated on IT but am starting to get a little board and fancy a career change / retraining.

Given that I've got a family and two kids to keep afloat I can’t give up the current job to retrain so was looking at options such as evening classes that sort of thing but there don’t seem to be any available, only full time courses which aren’t an option.

I’m willing to give anything a go really to get into the field, have even considered approaching local firms and sole traders asking if they want some free labor in return for some training but wasn’t sure how this would be received.

Anyone offer some help or advice?

Cheers.

they do loads of electrical courses at gateshead college skills academy on the valley..

GATESHEAD COLLEGE | Skills Academy for Construction

Reply to Question Regarding Training - Newcastle upon Tyne in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock