Discuss Questions about radials in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
First, I am not an electrician, but my brother is and he is helping me on this, I just wanted an extra opinion.
I am refurbing a house and want to have some sockets in my shed and IT corner, I want to make sure that I can connect 4 sockets (in each location) on a 32Amp RCBO with 4mm twin and earth in a radial rather than ring, is that OK?
ALSO, I want to prepare in the kitchen for a cooker and an induction hob in two different sides of the kitchen, again, could I use a 32/40 Amp RCBO with a 6mm twin and earth but in a radial rather than ring or two separate circuits.
Thanks

i'd install 2 separate radials for hob and cooker.each in 6.0mm ( all factors allowing). that way if you have a fault on 1 cooking circuit, you still got the other in operation. ( but each installation should be taken as individual and on it's own merits).

depending on the loading of the sockets you want installed, 2 x 20A radials in 2.5mm may well be enough.

I agree with Tel regarding the oven and hob as for the sockets and your first question 4mm radials 0n a 32A RCBO (as long as other factors have been considered) would be ok. I take it you would are using this as your office.

Looking at your business name is this property part of a commercial venture?

Will your 'brother' be certifying this installation?

Sounds to me like you're trying to save a few quid and get a step by step guide from us.

Lulyz Properties Ltd in LONDON - NW4 4NJ - https://www.bizstats.co.uk/ltd/lulyz-properties-ltd-11211762/

Thanks for the vote of confidence, no my Brother for real, will not be certifying as he does not have that training, but I am doing this over a long time, so can't get anyone to pop in to do a couple of hours work every so often, so I am trying to do as much myself. Nice for you to look me up, but the company is not yet operational, though I would like to do this for real, at the moment this is for a house I bought to move in to with the family and in the mean time I work for a finch company.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, no my Brother for real, will not be certifying as he does not have that training, but I am doing this over a long time, so can't get anyone to pop in to do a couple of hours work every so often, so I am trying to do as much myself. Nice for you to look me up, but the company is not yet operational, though I would like to do this for real, at the moment this is for a house I bought to move in to with the family and in the mean time I work for a finch company.

Enough said. Get a professional on board if you value the safety of your family.

First you say your brother is an electrician then he seems not to be.
Then you have the business name.
Then Strima posts some company up that you don't deny exists but is not operational.
Sorry to the mods but I am going to break rank here and say I can smell it in the air!!!!!!!!
Do your self a faver if you feel that you are competent to undertake the work correctly and if you want to do the work yourself to keep costs down etc. go through an electrician that is part of a third party scheme so the work can be designed, constructed and inspected at each stage. Then the electrician can test it for you and sign it off as being compliant. Sorry to be abrupt but your post has wound me up.

Pete, before you keep giving me bad spelling get your own spelling in your own posts correct. Take the message of the content as a whole to agree or not for its contribution, not the minor imperfections as others have done.

Pete, before you keep giving me bad spelling get your own spelling in your own posts correct. Take the message of the content as a whole to agree or not for its contribution, not the minor imperfections as others have done.
Meant to be a joke ANT you should know my sense of humor by now.

Reply to Questions about radials in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net