Discuss questions for solar edge expert and power one professionals (bait) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

poheZ

1. se4000 inverter communicating with bt home hub via powerline adaptors. Inverter has no rj45 socket so had to strip cable and connect 123 and 6 to a terminal strip marked ethernet, s_ok comes up in lcd screen, site becomes active on monitoring portal. The problem is that no data is present on the portal page and has not been uploaded for 3 days, all values just read 0. I have reset inverter and checked communication is via lan, s_ok remains on lcd screen! Ideas?

2. Inverter is resetting after ac voltage too high error code (during sunny periods mainly), but i can see that the ac voltage is not exceeding 252v on the lcd screen when the error happens (the inverter is set to uk)?

3. When you set a powerone to g83, i am convinced it does not wait 180 seconds to start up, i have had this with all powerones. Does anybody else think this? Am i going mad?

Any thoughts?

Im not expert - but - If your getting S-OK then did you input the correct inverter serial number when setting up the monitering site? thats the only explaination, S-OK is rock solid communication between the inverter and the server - if they are talking then the only other thing i can see is you perhaps have set up the monitering portal using/mis keyed the inverter S/N - in other words the server is awaiting a connection from a different inverter - try logging into your master account and re-enter the inverter.

2) - Sounds like an undersized AC cable to me.

3) - Mine do - not on initial start up, but if i turn of the AC iso (simulate a power cut as required during testing) then it waits 180 to reconnect.

Im not expert - but - If your getting S-OK then did you input the correct inverter serial number when setting up the monitering site? thats the only explaination, S-OK is rock solid communication between the inverter and the server - if they are talking then the only other thing i can see is you perhaps have set up the monitering portal using/mis keyed the inverter S/N - in other words the server is awaiting a connection from a different inverter - try logging into your master account and re-enter the inverter.

2) - Sounds like an undersized AC cable to me.

I will look at that serial number, but if it was the wrong one then am i right in thinking the site would not have become active?

The ac over voltage error should not be operating at 252v? I would have thought the inverters were set at 264v?

I guess this is manufacturer dependant as powerone and fronius are 264v?

Did you change yours via the online configurator?

Best to ask them Fronius seem free to hand out codes but steca needed proof from an email via Western power before they would issue the codes, also Western power fitted a reorder for a week just to check voltages then gave me the go ahead to change settings

this is a common fault on solar edge inverters seem like a bad batch had 5 or 6 in 2 weeks contact solar edge the firmware needs updating first then if that does not work ask them to change parameters on inverter to 253v .... I have told them this over and over ..... where is the solar edge rep on here

Ok, I'll bite. Firstly I'm not a SolarEdge rep, but my company do deal with SolarEdge a LOT.

poheZ - I think you have 2 different problems here. One is the inverter cutting out due to high AC voltage and the other is the lack of data being transmitted to the Solaredge portal.

We have had a few Solaredge single phase inverters with the High AC voltage problem. Like MEP said...

the firmware needs updating first then if that does not work ask them to change parameters on inverter to 253v

On some of our affected installations we have had to increase the cut out voltage to 260-264v.

As far as the inverter not transfering data to the Solaredge Website - Login to the Solaredge site, select the affected installation, look down the right hand side for a bit of text saying 'Last Updated'. If the date/time is missing then i suspect the incorrect serial number has been registered. If there is a recent date/time showing then either the inverter needs a firmware update or you MAY need to replace one or both small circuit boards inside the inverter.

Let me know how it goes.

The 180s start delay under G83 only applies after an interuption to the grid supply. When an inverter boots from cold it can begin outputting ac straight away.

Ok, I'll bite. Firstly I'm not a SolarEdge rep, but my company do deal with SolarEdge a LOT.

poheZ - I think you have 2 different problems here. One is the inverter cutting out due to high AC voltage and the other is the lack of data being transmitted to the Solaredge portal.

We have had a few Solaredge single phase inverters with the High AC voltage problem. Like MEP said...

On some of our affected installations we have had to increase the cut out voltage to 260-264v.

As far as the inverter not transfering data to the Solaredge Website - Login to the Solaredge site, select the affected installation, look down the right hand side for a bit of text saying 'Last Updated'. If the date/time is missing then i suspect the incorrect serial number has been registered. If there is a recent date/time showing then either the inverter needs a firmware update or you MAY need to replace one or both small circuit boards inside the inverter.

Let me know how it goes.

The uk guy called and said that the inverter needs a new com card, he did not mention anything about a firmware upgrade. I have sorted out my laptop and got a rs232 to usb lead so i will hook up to the inverter and have a look at this over voltage problem and fit a new com card. The serial number is definitely correct

I suspect Nadav will have already tried a firmware update if he is sending you a new comms board.

well, he did not mention that. The new coms board came with sockets on it (old generation) instead of a terminal strip so i could not replace it as i could not connect the lcd light supply to the new board without a plug! You would have thought he knew that no?

existing 'faulty board'
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/poheZx/DSCF2006.jpg

replacement board with sockets
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/poheZx/DSCF2007.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/poheZx/DSCF2008.jpg

Reply to questions for solar edge expert and power one professionals (bait) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock