Discuss Questions regarding metal gang boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am an industrial designer working from Israel, currently working on a product that will be installed in american homes and needs to fit into a one-gang box.

I'm having trouble figuring out how common are the metal boxes out of all the home-installed electricity box,
(professional installation, not DIY), maybe someone can give an (obviously rough) estimate?
30%/40%/50% of the boxes are metal?
Questions regarding metal gang boxes 1570463371247 - EletriciansForums.net
Also, i found that there is a (very) wide variety in gangbox models, could someone point out which is the most common?
Questions regarding metal gang boxes 1570462872870 - EletriciansForums.net

Many many thanks!
Or Lev

think you'll need to wait till some of our american members come online. those boxes are notanythinglike we have this side of the pond.

@NekudaDM you may be better off posting this in the American Forum

Or report this thread and ask for it to be moved.

Hi everyone!
I am an industrial designer working from Israel, currently working on a product that will be installed in american homes and needs to fit into a one-gang box.

I'm having trouble figuring out how common are the metal boxes out of all the home-installed electricity box,
(professional installation, not DIY), maybe someone can give an (obviously rough) estimate?
30%/40%/50% of the boxes are metal?
View attachment 52923
Also, i found that there is a (very) wide variety in gangbox models, could someone point out which is the most common?
View attachment 52922

Many many thanks!
Or Lev
@nekduaDM since they will be installed in existing homes I would just go with the plastic boxes, you don’t have to ground plastic. Good luck

@Megawatt the product I'm designing will have to fit into exisiting boxes, so what I'm trying to find out is which boxes are more common
Nekdia in the USA and I’m not speaking for other countries but the blue plastic box is used in homes that is built with wood studs the TP122 is used mostly in commercial installations where there is metal studs. If I were you I would design it for the blue plastic boxes.

Reply to Questions regarding metal gang boxes in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock