Discuss Questions regarding polarity and continuity for a light circuit. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

N

nazoom

I am trying to find out where on the light switch or the celling rose of a light is the test for continuity and polarity are carried out? If continuity is carried out for a light circuit then where the probes connect to? is it on the switch line and the cpc at the ceiling rose or the brown connection and the cpc at the light switch?

Also for polarity test where is the test carried out at the ceiling rose or the light switch? If on the light ceiling rose then where do the probes connect? is it on the Cpc and the switch life connection? Or if it is carried out at the light switch then where does the probes connect to?

Many thanks.

What i am trying to find out is where in continuity R1+R2 the probes connect in the ceiling rose and in the switch for lighting circuit? Is it the switch line and the cpc?

Then for polarity also where does the probes connect to in the ceiling rose and the light switch? Is it the switch line and the cpc?

I have the OSG but i saw a few continuity movies and I am a bit unsure now.

Please help.

Thanks

It spells it out in the OSG mate. Have a think and you'll figure it out.
Think about it, you have to prove the continuity of the cpc all the way through the circuit now how are you going to do that?
As I said earlier, your (R1+R2) test does both tests in one

Connect your leads to conduct a Zs test at the fitting.
With the switch off, you should be unable to conduct the test, and your meter should indicate no voltage between L&N.
Then switch on, and conduct the test.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Questions regarding polarity and continuity for a light circuit. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net