Discuss Quick Dimmer switch confirmation question in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tasty

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some confirmation that the 400w, 2 gang 2way dimmer switch I've purchased is correct to operate two chandeliers (independently), each holding 3x 30w candle style lamps? Both lights are wired in standard loop in / loop out / switch wire setup.

I'm confident all is ok but the decorator (who does a bit of electrics on the side) made out that it might not work? I don't want to go in to the house tomorrow and look stupid, so if I've missed something can you let me know? Also, if i've missed any details I'll let you know them.

Cheers in advance - I know it seems a trivial question but I just wanted to be sure.

Stu

As long as the bulbs can be dimmed ie not the CFL type a 400w dimmer should work fine as the total is only 180 w max with both on.
I take it each light is on its own switch

tell the decorator to stick to his paintbrush . your plan looks A1

Even better, tell the decorator you're going to need to chase a trench across his newly painted ceiling. ;-)

and inform him that you have invested a lot of money in a shiny new dimmer and it does not need to be half magnolia.

Thanks all for replying so quickly!

Thought it best that I checked it out. I'll stick to my guns in the future ;D

Cheers

Decorator who does a bit of electrics on the side........interesting:rolleyes:. Ask him if the measured Zs of 0.41ohm on a radial circuit protected by a 16a type B BS60898 MCB 6Ka on a TNCS system with a Ze of 0.24ohm and PEFC of 1.25Ka is acceptable to ensure ADS within the required time. And just for good measure see if he also knows which test instrument to use for this test:p.

Incidentally I do know that to paint my ceiling i can use a brush, pad or a roller:cool:.

Cheers.........Howard

Reply to Quick Dimmer switch confirmation question in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net