Discuss Quick NVQ level 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

anyone know where i can do a NVQ3 quick ?

Quick step electrical or XS training.

Home | CTD Quickstep Electrical, is an electrical assessment centre

Online Electrical Training Courses | XS Training

You should look at the mature candidate assessment route with one of these providers. I done my NVQ3 with quickstep and can highly recommend them also heard good things about XS training which I think is one of the forum sponsors.

Here is a link to the jib mature candidate page which also lists others

Mature Candidate Assessment | Joint Industry Board (JIB)

You should look at the mature candidate assessment route with one of these providers. I done my NVQ3 with quickstep and can highly recommend them also heard good things about XS training which I think is one of the forum sponsors.

thanks

I did mature candidate eal scheme through quickstep...I worked on a hospital installation for 3 months... I was lucky Got 7 types of cable, singles, fp, coax, belden, data t&e and sy and 7 types of containment stell conduit, trunking, ladder, copex, dado, basket and tray... I took a videos of me doing the works and screenshotted etc... I payed for the assessor built( most expensive) and just had to email the pictures to him... I was completed within 2 months of me ringing after just 2 visits from assessor. I also payed in monthly installments... Well worth the money. Under £2000 for nvq and am2... A months wage once u have them completed is a good way of looking at it

I did mature candidate eal scheme through quickstep...I worked on a hospital installation for 3 months... I was lucky Got 7 types of cable, singles, fp, coax, belden, data t&e and sy and 7 types of containment stell conduit, trunking, ladder, copex, dado, basket and tray... I took a videos of me doing the works and screenshotted etc... I payed for the assessor built( most expensive) and just had to email the pictures to him... I was completed within 2 months of me ringing after just 2 visits from assessor. I also payed in monthly installments... Well worth the money. Under £2000 for nvq and am2... A months wage once u have them completed is a good way of looking at it

Hi Conrad

already doing the work no problem, just doing this as been in the game a good time now & never done it, types of job I am running now & HS Hoops are becoming more the requirement.

Same as me, got away without it for a while but like you said... Requirements. But it is achievable in a short space just need to have the varied work to complete within the timescale you want...

Hi guys,

please could you tell me if you can do the mature candidate assessment to achieve you NVQ level 3 without studying the NVQ level 2 prior?

It could save me around £2,000 for the NVQ 2 with a training provider.

Cheers,

Rob

Need to have level 2 and level 3 or old part 1 and part 2 and need to have proof of five years onsite experience to do mature candidat route.... Then need 17th edition and am2 to get gold card... Then need 2391 or equivelant to get approved status... Not sure what nvq level 2 is?

NVQ 2? Whats that lol?

No idea what the requirements are these days, but i've only ever done the NVQ3?

Thanks for your reply, I should have gave more detail in my post, the NVQ level's 2 & 3 that I am talking about are:

-2365: NVQ Level 2 Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures)
-2365: NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures)

I have read that these qualifications are now considered to be the preferred options for new entrants into he industry (in a non-apprenticeship capacity).

I am new to the industry but I am trying to ascertain if I HAVE to study the NVQ 2 or if I can go straight on to the NVQ 3.

Also, on the off chance, do you know what course numbers you have taken and when you did them?

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks for your reply, I should have gave more detail in my post, the NVQ level's 2 & 3 that I am talking about are:

-2365: NVQ Level 2 Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures)
-2365: NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installations (Buildings & Structures)

I have read that these qualifications are now considered to be the preferred options for new entrants into he industry (in a non-apprenticeship capacity).

I am new to the industry but I am trying to ascertain if I HAVE to study the NVQ 2 or if I can go straight on to the NVQ 3.

Also, on the off chance, do you know what course numbers you have taken and when you did them?

Thanks,

Rob

Not sure but what would be the point of the level 2 if its isnt required...no one would opt to do it?

Not sure but what would be the point of the level 2 if its isnt required...no one would opt to do it?

The point is, as far as I am aware, is that it is for people who have no knowledge about Electrical Installation whatsoever. Its also the starting point for college students, then they usually move on to NVQ 3 after year one and completion of NVQ 2.

The point is, as far as I am aware, is that it is for people who have no knowledge about Electrical Installation whatsoever. Its also the starting point for college students, then they usually move on to NVQ 3 after year one and completion of NVQ 2.

2365 level 2 and 3 are the theory courses to be completed at college or a training provider and 2357 is the new level 3 that Conrad is talking about as the practical Nvq that you do before your am2 test, all three are needed to do am2 the normal route as well as wiring regs etc

Can I just ask if you go the mature candidate way what other qualifications do you need to get the jib gold card?

Last edited:

Reply to Quick NVQ level 3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net