Discuss Quick Step Electrical NVQ3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all

My boss is paying for me to complete my NVQ3 with quick step electrical.

Has anyone used these before. Feedback?

Do they do the writing up?

Do these do AM2 in the course or would I have to do this somewhere else

Thanks

I am just coming to the end of my quickstep nvq3. Don’t let the name fool you! It does take a while gathering all the necessary evidence. You have two options the self build portfolio (which I did) or the tutor comes out and takes pictures and does it for you, for double the price. The self build portfolio you are given a login where you upload evidence, 3 pieces logbooks for each section. This includes photos, knowledge section and a write up of what actions you took, basically explaining the photos. The am2 is seperate and you have to pay. I have just got the am2 to go. It has taken 8 months so far. Just get your head in to it and jump through the hoops.

I am using quickstep for my NVQ level 3 too, the AM2 is a 3 day exam in a college. You can google AM2 centers and a big list of colleges centers will come up , give them a call and they will send you everything you need as well as check sheets and prices but there is a wait so enquire when you feel ready .

hi all

My boss is paying for me to complete my NVQ3 with quick step electrical.

Has anyone used these before. Feedback?

Do they do the writing up?

Do these do AM2 in the course or would I have to do this somewhere else

Thanks
How are you finding the portfolio, mines self built too. Just started it and the write ups are a bit of a head spinner.
Also, have you had trouble uploading photos? Only lets me upload one at a time.
Thanks
Kurtis

I am just coming to the end of my quickstep nvq3. Don’t let the name fool you! It does take a while gathering all the necessary evidence. You have two options the self build portfolio (which I did) or the tutor comes out and takes pictures and does it for you, for double the price. The self build portfolio you are given a login where you upload evidence, 3 pieces logbooks for each section. This includes photos, knowledge section and a write up of what actions you took, basically explaining the photos. The am2 is seperate and you have to pay. I have just got the am2 to go. It has taken 8 months so far. Just get your head in to it and jump through the hoops.

Hello Jake,
Currently just started my portfolio and wondering how many photos you uploaded roughly per log sheet?
Trying to get stuck in but every time I look at it, it leaves me with more questions lol.
Did you pass your AM2?
Cheers
Kurtis

Hi,
Yes, I passed am2. I just took pictures of every step of what i was doing. Eg measuring the conduit, cutting the conduit, or bending the tube, installing the saddles etc. Probably averaged 4 pictures per logbook. It's been a while since I did it now. It is a bit of a ling process, but worth it

Nice man, I’ve sent off a few units and my assessor was concerned because the run of conduit I installed was quite small.
Still involved cutting, threading and bending.
Hopefully no hiccups and it’s ok. Hope to have it done pretty quickly (as long as I get some suitable jobs)

There’s a Self built portfolio for £756
And a assessor built portfolio for £1500
Both need the AM2 cert to pass which is separate.
It’s mainly about covering units 3 times.
Safe isolation, health and safety at work, installing, terminating, testing, fault finding etc.
It must involve three different type of containment and cabling aswell.

Reply to Quick Step Electrical NVQ3 in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net