Discuss QuickBooks question on invoices received in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

robd

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all

Anyone who uses QuickBooks, I'm looking to start using it but just getting my head round it. I can see when you get a receipt you can take a pic and it will be filed my question is what happens if you receive an invoice by email can you file say a PDF into QuickBooks? I really want to do away with all the paper so would be an ideal solution and don't want to have to receive shed loads of A4 paper and have to take a pic of it to file.

Thanks for any help

Just looking into buying it but don't have a version yet, watched loads of videos etc it can't see how you file invoices. Am looking at the "self-employed" or "small business" version

£3 for 6 months then £8 after not sure if you can buy outright now?

The conclusion I seem to be reaching is you have to manually enter the invoice amount which I suppose is ok but annoying that you can file a photo of a receipt (I hardly ever get receipts) but can't do similar with a pdf of an invoice which I get loads of

That’s cheap. Is it an introductory email offer?

Mine was a full box product bought for £120 over 4 years ago - sadly this version isn’t readily available these days
Same here, I have an old vista laptop that I run it on.. great piece of software everything in it and brilliant to use..
Outgoing invoices are easily added in the supplier menu
Tried the new version couple of months ago for £8/ Month, just cancelled the direct debit..
They sell it as invoicing on the go, so I thought great can do it all whilst I’m traveling, apart from you need to have internet connection..
I’m now considering the sage50 as this is a one off payment package

Aside from that how did you find it? I'm not a massive business just want to be able to keep on top of invoicing faster including filing invoices received. At present it waits till I get time to sit at my desk. And I'd like to go paperless

I use quickbooks but am a ltd company. I pay £18 per month that does invoices, estimates, links to the bank and all my accounts.
Consider it money well spent.
I can link a pdf as an attachment to the expense but cant say i do it often. Only with small ones like petrol or parking that easily get lost.
You download it then attach it. Quickboojs should then store it in the cloud.

Thanks Gavin so what do you do with say your invoices from wholesalers? At the moment I get them on paper in the post hole punch and file them but want to move on from that

Either photograph the invoice with your smart phone and then file it, or get them to email it to you and then download on your PC and drag it into the attachments window on an expense form. I think you can also add a pdf in the smartphone app.

I use the online version which is excellent, supplied by my accountants as part of my package so not sure what it costs if you pay for it. I am trying to get my head around not keeping everything but still am also a slave to filing stuff in ring binders. No need though, at year end I send my accountants a link to a dropbox share where I drop all my bank accounts and credit card statements and they can access my quickbooks account, makes it all very easy.

I keep a record of what i owe the wholesalers and then enter the invoice when its emailed to me each night.
I record it as supplier credit. Then when monthly invoice arrives i enter it and pay. I drag the pdf in to the little box.
Easy really.
I dont as a habit upload every little invoice.

Aside from that how did you find it? I'm not a massive business just want to be able to keep on top of invoicing faster including filing invoices received. At present it waits till I get time to sit at my desk. And I'd like to go paperless

I think you need to look more closely at QB.

It’s a customer DB, you create your estimates on it, convert them to invoices , email invoices to client, you can see your outstanding unpaid customer invoices .... and of course supplier invoices .... job profitability, monthly P&l .....

Reply to QuickBooks question on invoices received in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock