Discuss Quickest way to gain qualification after lots of experience in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello,

I worked as an electrical apprentice from age 16 - 23. I feel I'm very competent when it comes to domestic installations.

Unfortunately, through my own fault, I never gained all my qualifications at college (I only completed part one of my course).

I am now 33 and after a number of years away from the trade, would like to get back into self-employed domestic electrical work.

What would be the quickest way for me to get the necessary qualifications to become a domestic installer?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Check out one of our forum sponsors XS at the lower end of this page and be in touch with them. In this rare occurrence - a short course will catch you up and compliment your experience. Will be some what costly but save you loads of time.
My opinion. All the best

Are you with a scheme provider? Get your 18th edition exam sorted and at least initial inspection and testing and find a electrical mentor nearby who can help you out when required. Join NICIEC or ELESA or similar. Most of the scheme providers will be supportive. Good luck.

Complete the rest of your qualifications so you have the understanding and principles of electrical installations then NVQ3, AM2. if you are experienced you should be able to fly through this stuff can take anywhere from 9 months - 2 years depending on what you currently hold.

Just Getting 18th, 2391 then joining NICEIC(not a qualification just a competency assessment) will not give you sufficient qualifications if you wished to hold a JIB card.

Reply to Quickest way to gain qualification after lots of experience in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock