Discuss quiet shopping in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Phil

thought i would go up to asda at 9pm for a nice quiet wander around yeh right. hundreds of bloody screaming kids. JLS doing a signing someone hand me some paracetamol

I was in my 24 hour tesco on Tuesday night around 2am. These places are weird at night. There are old grandma's working there, shaking their thang to Lady GooGaa whatsherface. Plus there were staff arguing with each other, shouting at each other.
And for some reason everyone else shopping in the store (other than myself) wanted to hang out in the DVD/Blue Ray/CD/Video Game aisle, I counted 32 people. In 1 aisle, then I only saw staff for the rest of my time there.

Last week I was standing in the booze aisle in Asda browsing the shelves while holding a shopping basket (as you do) when an old woman (must have been in her 80s) pushed her trolley up to me and said "excuse me".
I looked at her expecting her to ask me a question (a lot of old women assume I work in whichever shop I'm in, particularly if I'm wearing work clothes) to which she replied "I can't get past".
I looked around me to confirm we were the only 2 people in the aisle, and carried on shopping, to which she responded "in all my days" then she walked around me to the end of the aisle without even looking at the shelves.

It was as if the only reason she went down the booze aisle was to see if she could make me move, presumably for a bit of entertainment so she could moan about the unhelpfullness of 'the youth of today'.

Old people - you can't beat them.

so why were you seen leaving with a pizza and signed copy of their latest cd phil..:cool:

:D:D it must be my age or something but i did not have a clue what they looked like :D i could have even been stood next to them shopping without knowing. well apart from all the security following them around

oh that old chestnut!! come on phil just admit it..:p

:D:D i did a bit of taxi`ing a few years ago and i picked all sorts of famous people up. had 4 leeds players in the car one night. one of them starts up "driver does not know who we are does he" to one of the others. they kept going on about how famous they were so i played up to them and asked them who they were (i don`t follow football) we are leeds top players one of them responded so i said "I`m really sorry to hear that lads never mind you might have another chance next season" :D:D there faces were a picture. funny enough they did not say a word for the rest of the journey :D:D

Just like Phil but I still do taxi driving and have had all sorts in the back. Best celebrity that I found interesting was Roger Cook (cook report) what a very, very nice man but some others aaaarrrrhhhh. "what, you don't know who I am?" My standard reply is, sorry I didn't see you in thus months hello magazine. Always shuts up the B listers. Couple of years ago I had peanut from the kaiser chiefs, great guy but he had a mission. Try to buy a pork pie at 5am from a pretrol station (all Muslim owned in Leeds) what a laugh, gave me two VIP tickets for their gig in Sheffield. Great night just next to the stage but other celebs are mostly up their own .........

thought i would go up to asda at 9pm for a nice quiet wander around yeh right. hundreds of bloody screaming kids. JLS doing a signing someone hand me some paracetamol
i'll hand you a bucket.

Just like Phil but I still do taxi driving and have had all sorts in the back. Best celebrity that I found interesting was Roger Cook (cook report) what a very, very nice man but some others aaaarrrrhhhh. "what, you don't know who I am?" My standard reply is, sorry I didn't see you in thus months hello magazine. Always shuts up the B listers. Couple of years ago I had peanut from the kaiser chiefs, great guy but he had a mission. Try to buy a pork pie at 5am from a pretrol station (all Muslim owned in Leeds) what a laugh, gave me two VIP tickets for their gig in Sheffield. Great night just next to the stage but other celebs are mostly up their own .........

i once picked keith allen aka lillys dad. he was a right tool. all the way into the city ctr all he could say to his mate was taxi driver hasn`t recognised he has keith allen in the car. keith allen kieth allen. i thought he must have been an mp repeating something 3 times over. full of himself shouting out the car window in his pink suit he looked gastly. i locked his electric window shut and told him to sit down or get out :D:D his mate were ripping the hell out of him for being put in his place. i got a mate at home to google him when he got out the car so i knew who he was :D really nice bloke i picked up was bradly walsh aka mike baldwins son of corrie. he was a top guy . jakki degg the page 3 model took her home to her mums just outside birmingham. a few off hollyoaks.
one of the most interesting was some unlucky Irish guy who had come all the way over from Belfast to watch Leeds utd play for some reason he supported them, and yep they lost the night he came all the way with his two lads. btw miss degg was well fit :D also half the emmerdale set and patsy kensit

i'll hand you a bucket.

You only have "one shot" at the bucket before going out because "the club is alive" but "only tonight". Phil's wife will "love you more" but looking around "everybodys in love". Time to go home, I'm "beat again"....... all the hits from jls courtesy of Google.:)

You only have "one shot" at the bucket before going out because "the club is alive" but "only tonight". Phil's wife will "love you more" but looking around "everybodys in love". Time to go home, I'm "beat again"....... all the hits from jls courtesy of Google.:)

are you quoting jls tracks there mr m ?

Yes Phil I've done it now for 6 years and I could fill this thread with all the stories but its not the place. Oh well 18:00 now, going to bed for a couple of hours after a ten hour shift. Starting again at 22:00 for the pubs kicking out and finish about 07:00 taking the smack heads home. Don't you just miss it :(. Let's see if someone throws a punch at me like the other week. Can't wait to get out of it. After Christmas I'll take anything, until then keep smiling.

Yes Mr Phil, just for a laugh I looked it up and made a story. Call me sad I don't care. Btw, how's your cookery thread coming along? Some weird things coming up on it.

:D beetle and worm sarnies by the looks of what some are happy to put in a sandwich:p:p:D:D

i have had to take drastic action on the food thread;
i have called in Jamie Oliver :D i would have called in Gordon Ramsey but its in chit chat and we would have had to mod the language :D

you wish...:p:p

:D no really i dropped her off home, not took her home :) used to do a bit of private driving after being laid off, nice 7 series to drive round in and when he knew what i did for a living i had a nice road back in :) used to turn up on site with the toold box in a 64k motor. probably my fault everyone thinks sparks are loaded :D mind he was not best pleased when a bag of plaster opened up in the boot :D:D

Reply to quiet shopping in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net