Discuss Quinetic instal issue in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas what’s going on here?
I have a 4000k 60W panel light which I’m trying to dim using the quinetic module and switches.
I have the feed and neutral going to the module, then out to the driver.
I’ve then run a feed to the live and the switch-dim and the neutral as per image.
the light will dim but carries in dimming on its own. I can’t seem to stop it using the now paired up dimmable switch.
anyone got any ideas?

1E4A9958-89CD-4597-8D01-14E48B524355.jpeg

The dimmer switch is
product photo
QU D11W
Quinetic 1 Gang Wireless Dimmer Switch
Also, that single is to the live out on the module although it looks like it’s wired to the neutral out.

Looks like you may have the wrong Quinetic module and switches. They have the dimmable ones, which yours are not. So when you press the switch, it changes the output from the receiver to on or off. No dimming.
Even if you had the right ones, I'm not sure they would work on that driver.

Looking at the set up you have shown in your photos, you would need a (either) rotary analogue switch 0-10v or 1-10v switch to operate the dimming aspect of the controller. The two dimming terminals would be attached and daisy chained to the switch at each controller in two core sheathed 0.75 if I am seeing it right.

I really dont get that brown wire coming out of the supply side, there should be from the quinetic live out into the ac side of the controller and the other end to the light with the rotary analog having two wire in the dimming control I think. It would be helpful to see the other end of the control gear.

Looking at the set up you have shown in your photos, you would need a (either) rotary analogue switch 0-10v or 1-10v switch to operate the dimming aspect of the controller. The two dimming terminals would be attached and daisy chained to the switch at each controller in two core sheathed 0.75 if I am seeing it right.
Thanks for the reply but quinetic stuff don’t use rotary switches. Not sure you know what I’m trying to explain. Quinetic switches are wireless and work off kinetic energy sent to a module.
no wires on the switches are required.
thanks anyway ?

I probably am not sure what it is you are talking about. The controller has an AC side in through the Quinetic switch there is your on off, I understand that. Then there is the dc side out to the LED panel. Then there is the dimming control on the controller between the dc out and DALI interface with the analog switch goes to. I am not suggesting that you control the quinetic switch with an analog switch I am suggesting it controls the dimming from the controller modulating the dc out causing the dimming. But as you say I am probably not understanding quite what the set up is.

I probably am not sure what it is you are talking about. The controller has an AC side in through the Quinetic switch there is your on off, I understand that. Then there is the dc side out to the LED panel. Then there is the dimming control on the controller between the dc out and DALI interface with the analog switch goes to. I am not suggesting that you control the quinetic switch with an analog switch I am suggesting it controls the dimming from the controller modulating the dc out causing the dimming. But as you say I am probably not understanding quite what the set up is.
Have a look at quinetic switches on TLC website or there’s a few videos on YouTube.
appreciate your input though

Have a look at quinetic switches on TLC website or there’s a few videos on YouTube.
appreciate your input though
It’s already been said but it looks like you have the wrong receiver for the switch you’re using. From the TLC page for the switch;

“Use with Quinetic Dimming Receiver:
1 per circuit to be switched or dimmed
QU R301 (max load 1.5A 150w LED - 300w Tungsten”

As dodger said:
The receiver you have is NOT dimmable.

Attachments

• 20201101_100548.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20201101_100611.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Quinetic instal issue in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net