Discuss Quinetic question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jacko

-
Reaction score
Can the quinetic 2 x 6amp controller control 2 separate loads if I buy 2 separate key fob switches?

1 load will be decking lights And the other will be wall lights.

I cant find the info anywhere that says if the 2 loads on the same controller can be set up for different loads or if I would need to buy two 6 amp controllers and 2key fobs.

thanks

I think the answer is "no". The receiver is "paired" to the fob or a number of fobs. I don't see how it can be paired to two fobs with different "signatures".

I’d email quinetic mate for a definitive answer or they may have a solution

Indeed it is, SC...albeit the instructions are not very clear on the second pairing. Thus, it is a dual receiver, and can be switched from load to load by different fobs or switches.
Thanks for pointing this out, I was unaware of this particular model.

Indeed it is, SC...albeit the instructions are not very clear on the second pairing. Thus, it is a dual receiver, and can be switched from load to load by different fobs or switches.
Thanks for pointing this out, I was unaware of this particular model.
it is possible, just need to ensure the switches are paired correctly.

I used a Quinetic dual receiver once (well twice). It just refused to work. The indicator light did everything it was supposed to, but it just didn't work. I spoke to Quinetic on the phone and they talked me through it all, then suggested it was faulty. I went back to TLC and changed it. The new one did exactly the same thing. Called Quinetic again, they talked me through it all again and were totally stumped.

I had to go back to TLC and get 2x single channel receivers. Worked no problem. I've used plenty of these with zero issues. I won't ever buy another dual one though. Anyone else had this?

I posted a while back that I had problems with the dimming type, which TLC replaced with normal ones right away.
I have never had any problems with the standard ones.
Great bit of kit.
However, I will steer clear of the dual ones following your experience mattg4321.
Pity, because I could see some real projects for them...

Fitted a dual one in my bathroom a couple of months ago when doing the refit.
I had issues to start with and then I realised that the instructions were probable translated from chinese using google and I was also being a retard.
After ignoring the instructions more or less got it to work perfect.

Thanks for all the advice.

It maybe easier and cheaper to use a Knightsbridge 3way remote switch for about £50 instead. Would save me buying 2 x 1 way Quinetic controllers, 2 x key fobs and a weatherproof box.

Reply to Quinetic question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock