Discuss Quinetic Switches/Dimmers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

DefyG

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a potential project where life will be made so much easier if my client accepts a wireless switching arrangement.
However, before I suggest to my client the Quinetic range (or similar [Recommend an alternative!]), I wonder what others views are of the Quinetic switches/dimmers (yes they want dimmers)?

For my outdoor lighting I use Quinetic Wireless/WiFi unit linked to 2 wireless fobs, one kept in the kitchen the other in the bedroom, work faultlessly also I think it can be linked to Alexa and there may be an app for a smartphone.

I haven't tried the dimmers myself but I think they will be fine.

Tel felt queasy and fainted by my "Like" ;o)))))
but it was not a "like" it was an "agree". come on SWD get with it. or is it still sleep time in the deep south? :D:D:D.

good stuff. not had a problem with it. have fitted it for outdoor lighting. also good when customer wants 2 way lighting without the mess of chasing cables or carpets up etc..
Mk still do the echo range i think but its considerably more expensive.

All positive stuff, but hoping someone had some experience with the dimmer modules (ie compatibility with LED's?)

With regards quinetic switches, I read you can add up to 10 switches on each device, but I'm assuming that if you use the wall switches as 2 way switches they will work regardless of what direction they are switched. My point is I haven't seen any quinetic switches that are 2 way?

They are not conventional 2way switches as we know them just that you can switch a receiver 'on' from one switch and 'off' from another, hence 2 way operation or with 10 switches, like an extended intermediate switch circuit.

Reply to Quinetic Switches/Dimmers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net