Discuss Quinetic wireless units - power reset in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I've never known one forget their pairing. I've never had a call-back. When power is restored, they always revert to the "off" position (which is useful for getting the switches the right way up).

I agree. Never had a problem with the pairing being forgotten...except if some extraneous signal has interfered, which has happened to me a couple of times on my own home install. (Speaks volumes, that!)
On other sites, I have never seen a problem. As happysteve says, they default to off normally.
Reset is only a problem if the receivers are tucked away. I try to install them in the loft, side by side, clearly labelled...not always possible, i know, but if you do get outside influences it is easy to re-pair.
Not worth worrying about, imho...just enjoy the freedom they give.

I'm in agreement with the others. Never had a problem with reset. Have installed loads for clients and have them at home too, linked to Alexa (god forbid the kids have to get up to turn their lights on). I'm always turning off power for one reason or another and they've never become unpaired.

I would add that the nice people at Quinetic provided me with a neat demo unit, and this sits in a box for weeks at a time, disconnected from the mains. When I set it up, the switch is always still paired. Customers love it!
(The mains cord supplied is however, one of the awful ones from t'internet)

Thanks again all. A customer wants 6 of these fitted rather than channel out her walls.

Just to clarify, I do recall reading on here a while ago someone saying that occasionally the switches can end up in the wrong position, not of course an issue for 2 way lighting, but not great for one way switches. When/if this happens, how is this corrected?

I have fitted 4 in the same house before with no issues. if that happened you just switch the switch the other way and it should sort itself out!
I've fitted hundreds of them over the years and they are bulletproof, only had 1controler die on me and that was because the customer added more lights without consulting me and the unit was too small to switch the load.
I have had 1 switch fail 5 years after I fitted it and that was I think due to the amount of times it was used( on a farm too)

Thanks again all. A customer wants 6 of these fitted rather than channel out her walls.

Just to clarify, I do recall reading on here a while ago someone saying that occasionally the switches can end up in the wrong position, not of course an issue for 2 way lighting, but not great for one way switches. When/if this happens, how is this corrected?
Two ways:

(1) Turn switches to "off" position. Turn off power to circuit (i.e. at circuit breaker/RCBO). Restore power. Now, "off" is "off".

(2) Flick the switch on-off really quickly. If you're fast enough, the receiver only registers one of the switch actions, and the switch behaves the other way round.

If all else fails, flick the Mcb for the circuit, pop the switch in correct position and energise the circuit again.

Two ways:

(1) Turn switches to "off" position. Turn off power to circuit (i.e. at circuit breaker/RCBO). Restore power. Now, "off" is "off".

(2) Flick the switch on-off really quickly. If you're fast enough, the receiver only registers one of the switch actions, and the switch behaves the other way round.
Sorry Steve. Didn't see your reply mate.

They've been singing their praises on GSG electrical or efixx on youtube. Going to have to have a play.

I have fitted 4 in the same house before with no issues. if that happened you just switch the switch the other way and it should sort itself out!
I've fitted hundreds of them over the years and they are bulletproof, only had 1controler die on me and that was because the customer added more lights without consulting me and the unit was too small to switch the load.
I have had 1 switch fail 5 years after I fitted it and that was I think due to the amount of times it was used( on a farm too)
hello
can you please help me about the quinetic switch and receiver? i have many problem with them!
the receiver always flashing quickly and when i press 3 second the botton after i use the switch and the receiver flashing qickly again! i can see the switch when i press the flassing receiver stop a litlle bit but after quick flashing again!
and some receiver flashing quickly but those works! why they do like that?
some receiver works as nor mal without the quick flashin!
please help me out!
thx

Hi @NEBITOMI
Can you confirm if these are new units or existing or if you have changed anything within the set up i.e. new switches or controller.
You should hold down the receiver pairing switch until the light blinks then press the switch you require pairing to it, the switch should then be paired to the unit press the switch and the light should work. This process can be done up to 10 times maximum for 10 switches.
If is not paired properly do you have another switch you could try as this would eliminate the driver being faulty?
Sy

hello! those are new ! i bought them 2 weeks ago!
ok! thx! idont have another spare switch! i have another switch which is working now and i dont wana make that goes wrong

Hi again that sounds like it could be either the switch or receiver. Have you tried re-setting the receiver and pairing again? I know it's an obvious thing but sometimes overlooked! Failing that it may be worth contacting your supplier and getting a replacement!
Sy

Reply to Quinetic wireless units - power reset in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock