Discuss Quotatis job leeds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Personally I'd avoid lead generators who force feed you leads. There are generators around where you can pick your leads when you need them, this works better for our business as we don't always want leads.

They worked for us but in a strange sort of way. We cut our teeth learning properly how to do surveys and what customers didn't like about other companies. Most lead generators sell to national companies so when we visited our customers told us all about the national sales people who had visited and what they had said. It was expensive but got us on our feet with our first few installs which have led to more referrals.

One of the leads has referred us 4 times without any payment, one has resulted in another 2 jobs and those 2 people have referred us on to 2 other customers who we're just waiting for confirmation from and another lead generated by a referral agency referred us 3 more times, again without payment and all successfully. I've had about 12 leads in total paying roughly £30 each and haven't had to market since January. Maths isn't a strong point at this time of night but I make that 12 leads, 3 confirmations leading to another 11 jobs so in total £25 each - not bad really.....

You do have to be firm and refuse to pay for rubbish though.

The standard of lead produced by Quotatis for us was so poor that they cancelled OUR account with them because we rejected so many "enquiries".

If someone makes even the most tentative enquiry, Quotatis send that out to four companies, charge each a large fee for the privilege, and sit back waiting for their money to roll in.

I spoke to customers five minutes after the lead came in and they didn't want a visit, a quote or much more than a brief chat at that stage. They did not want 4 calls asking for appointments.

Quotatis response always that at the time they spoke to the customer he/she was actively seeking quotes.

We used quotatis earlier in the year, and i wouldn't go near them or any like them again. We told that they would be fully qualified and after a handful of surveys or trying to book a survey is was obvious that the customers hadn't been telephone qualified. People were just time wasting or wanted free or financed options and we got a couple of jobs but we were really tight on margins.

One guy had arranged 6 surveys, and decided not to go ahead because he didn't realise how much it would be - waste of time for everyone! Found out that a lot of companies presenting a knock down price based on a desk top and phone survey - so we always felt on the back foot re price to make it work for us.

We rejected so many and complained and cancelled the account. Needless to say that a few weeks later they were on the phone reducing our fees and offering a 2 week reject time frame (before it was 48 hrs) - we declined.

We got one job out of about 12 leads through them although we only managed to survey one out of the 12 leads as nobody would return our calls when we did call them so I they are more hassle than it is worth. Got the impression people were annoyed when we called them as we might have been the 4th company to call within an hour.

The only decent lead generation company out there is compare my solar imo

In my experience they are only useful for the type of job in a certain other thread on the forum at the minute - you know the one - they use invisible scaffolding!!

To be fair we had about 20 off them at the beginning of the year and most were reasonable quality BUT every single one of them wanted a knock down price. Not our type of customers. We got a couple of jobs out of it and after a tough period it gave us our mojo back - an expensive way of doing it though and wouldn't touch them again.

Reply to Quotatis job leeds in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net