Discuss r1 and r2 temperature calculations in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

maddfridge

Hi all

just been going through max zs etc and all the temperature changes

if i have got this right when you measure for R1 and R2 you take the temperature at the time. Apply a rating factor to get it ot 20 degrees and then when calculating zs or what ever to get to 70 degrees multiply it by 1.2 ?

I think simply this is to ensure thermal constraints are being met

ideas please

doin me ead in need another beer :(

just wondered how many of you actual carry thermometers i got one cause i do fridge work as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the above. You only calculate in temperature when designing the size of the cable before installation.

Hi all

just been going through max zs etc and all the temperature changes

if i have got this right when you measure for R1 and R2 you take the temperature at the time. Apply a rating factor to get it ot 20 degrees and then when calculating zs or what ever to get to 70 degrees multiply it by 1.2 ?

I think simply this is to ensure thermal constraints are being met

ideas please

doin me ead in need another beer :(

just wondered how many of you actual carry thermometers i got one cause i do fridge work as well

Hi i agree need senior members feedback, just had my assessment recently was asked a similar question about zs, figures referenced regs and gave the assessor the zs figure from the regs he was pleased that I had used the regs correctly and found the information and then reminded me that we should due to thermal effects use the 0.8, or 80% rule of thumb rule for the given zs. I then insisted that the regs was a horrifying document to follow and when we do find what we are after, its a complete load of bo**ocks as we anly use 80% of the given table obviously when the table was written most of us was going to put cables in only in arctic conditions, I don't think so! lets just make it more confusing. (my assessor did not wish to comment but he was helpful on many other questions.)

Reply to r1 and r2 temperature calculations in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock