Discuss R1/R2 Socket adaptor for Megger 1700 series in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anyone know of a R1/R2 socket adaptor that I can use with Megger leads. I have a kewtech adaptor and need to turn the megger leads round or it wont give a reading. I dont want to buy a set of Kewtech leads as I have two brand new sets of Megger leads. Are there other adaptor brands like socket & see, or Matindale, ect ect work with Megger leads, Megger themselves dont seem to make a adaptor, cant think why cause they would.

What MFT you using? I use this, comes as standard with most Meggers.

What MFT you using? I use this, comes as standard with most Meggers.

Yeah Already have the kettle lead but I do also want an adaptor !

I have an ethos adaptor and it works fine with the standard Megger leads.
I tend to use it if I'm R2 testing as it saves carrying the tester around with you when checking sockets and the lead can be directly plugged into it. They can be very useful, especially where you can't get the standard 3pin lead in as the socket is too close to the (floor/ worktop ect)
Sy

I also have one of the Ethos adaptors, though my DiLOG came with the 13A plug and leads like post #3 which can do the same (usually for Zs).

I also made up some IEC leads (10A kettle style and 16A UPS style) from moulded leads and some safety 4mm plugs to make it easier to test the sort of outlets seen in computer systems.

I have the Martindale SB13. Works fine with megger leads.

Its handy for linking out without having to remove faceplate, and other stuff for fault finding / tracing. Thoink I will have a try of the ethos adapter as recommended, thanks
Thanks, just done a Google search of what Tel suggested and know what you’re on about now.

Couldn’t picture it in my head before. 👍

I also have one of the Ethos adaptors, though my DiLOG came with the 13A plug and leads like post #3 which can do the same (usually for Zs).

I also made up some IEC leads (10A kettle style and 16A UPS style) from moulded leads and some safety 4mm plugs to make it easier to test the sort of outlets seen in computer systems.
Is it the 9118 you have? How do you find it? It's my first (and only) MFT, chosen for its good price. Generally I find it good, chews through batteries, and sometimes get some fluctuating results but pretty happy with it really

Is it the 9118 you have? How do you find it? It's my first (and only) MFT, chosen for its good price. Generally I find it good, chews through batteries, and sometimes get some fluctuating results but pretty happy with it really
Much the same!

Non-trip Zs is a bit variable (as they often are) and some of the control options a bit non-intuitive but overall good value.

Reply to R1/R2 Socket adaptor for Megger 1700 series in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net