Discuss radial ring hybrid circuit. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RichardMoore

I've read about these circuit sand came across one today on a periodic (eicr) in a kitchen the spark has taken a 6mm into a 45a isolator and run a ring out on the load side to all the appliances. 60898 b32 rcd protected. In good condition to. Suppose it's not illegal it's out there!! rang the Niceic tech line and they explained the detail. So just wondering what people thoughts are on this circuit have you ever installed one and have any of you got issues with them eicr as in a observation sense?????

Generally called a lolipop and if installed correctly there is not a problem.

wonder how many would just fail em though sintra...just off the cuff `caus it wasn`t the norm`?...lol

Probable a large percentage lol. IMO it's down to the lack of education and understanding dished out these days. Saw one installation given a code 1 just because it was done in a T&E ring in the roof space with a JB spur to every socket. Wanted to charge the old dear £1500 to rewire a few sockets. :24:

I know that what threw me at first but there legal and not very well known really
look, what its all going to hinge on here is that CCC and VD of cable is compliant, that its in prescribed zones, that IR is good and that it meets disconnection times.
theres also sometimes the issue with inaccessable joints....but not the case here...
if its an ECR then note it...no code (as long as it passes visual + tests)...

Probable a large percentage lol. IMO it's down to the lack of education and understanding dished out these days. Saw one installation given a code 1 just because it was done in a T&E ring in the roof space with a JB spur to every socket. Wanted to charge the old dead £1500 to rewire a few sockets. :24:
pathetic innit...lol

pathetic innit...lol

Same as these muppets that see a 3036 fuse or a 1361 and quote for a rewire. :)

Sometimes you wonder why this trade is getting a bad reputation :(

Reply to radial ring hybrid circuit. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net