Discuss radio / stereo DAB...PLEASE HELP in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tonytee

DIY
Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi I have a shark antenna for my car and It has DAB (digital radio) but my car stereo does not have a DAB socket to connect to it. I have heard that I can connect it via the FM connection (not sure if this is true or not) but if so, can someone please send a link to the adaptor I need to buy so I can get DAB in my car.

Many thank for your help in advance.

Avo Mk8

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
DAB is a completely different protocol to FM radio. You need a DAB receiver to decode the digital signals.
So you either need to replace your radio, or buy a DAB converter, which will turn the DAB signal into an FM one, so you can plug the DAB converter output into the FM antenna socket on your current receiver, and tune to its channel.
Then you choose the station on the DAB converter, and your FM radio stays on the same channel all the time.
Either option will probably cost about the same.
There's no cheap way of doing this as far as I know 🙁

Reply to radio / stereo DAB...PLEASE HELP in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net