Discuss Rafiki fire alarm in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkie-leeds

Regular EF Member
Hi All,

I am installing a rafiki 2 wire fire alarm system shortly, is it important to mark the cables going into the detector bases as "IN and OUT" or does it not matter with it been a 2 wire system.

OP
S

sparkie-leeds

Regular EF Member
i agree, but does it make a difference to the panel knowing which is in and out on a 2 wire system, i know conventional systems do

A

alarm man

if the bases have in and out then yes,but its good practice anyway for fault finding

Submains

Active EF Member
As previously mentioned, ALLWAYS mark your line "in" at every point regardless of system type. Not only is it good practice but if a fault occurs it's so much easier to find by simply splitting the circuit and putting your eolr across the "in" leg.
Modern two wire and twinflex systems have the eol built into the detectors so the last point has to be set as "end of line" by using the dil switch.
You'll find that when you check the bases out, they are marked as IN+VE and OUT+VE with 0V being common so it is important to mark your lines.

rafiki.jpg

TaffyDuck

Electrician's Arms
As mentioned it is good practice to mark them, from an electrical point of view however it makes absolutely no difference at all on Rafiki Twin system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 99 72.3%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.