Discuss Rain stopped so i started. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
rain stopped at 2.00pm, so started the installation of supply to 4 cooling fans.

DSC_0132.jpg

Nice and neat :smile5:I was putting panels on a roof yesterday 5 story's up when it started battering it down. By the time I had come down the scaffold I was that wet I decided to climb back up and crack on as it wouldn't of made a difference lol.

it's SWA 1.5mm 3 core. 1 cable per fan as client wants individual isolator for each.

Last edited:
Is that tray manufactured by armorduct?
dont you find sometimes that the holes are not very well lined up for cable tying a single cable and you have to drill new holes just to be able to fix the cable neatly?

now then peg. you know i always use 6mm.

Is that a good old 24v Makita I see Tel, My mate bought the same one 15 ish years ago and it's still going strong, Bloody good drills they are!!!

it is mate. i've got 2 of them. both were bought 2nd hand from forum members. 1 from phil, and 1 from spartykus. batteries are getting a bit tired now though. the battery on it in the pic is a non-genuine bought off ebay. might try and get some cells and rebuild 1 of the weak ones.

IMG0243A.jpgIMG0244A.jpgIMG0242A.jpgIMG0241A.jpg

Well I thought as Tel was showing tray work off I would show some of ours. Everything over here that is perhaps 10-15 yrs old is done in slip + lock conduit, very neat but time consuming. THe 3rd and 4th pictures show runs of it.

So Yesterday had to get the tool box out and convince the lads that cable tray is a better option, quicker and more flexible. Here is the run as it is of this morning. Been about 10 yrs since I actually run tray but you never loose it, lol as I now get it picked to pieces

View attachment 29252View attachment 29254View attachment 29255View attachment 29256

Well I thought as Tel was showing tray work off I would show some of ours. Everything over here that is perhaps 10-15 yrs old is done in slip + lock conduit, very neat but time consuming. THe 3rd and 4th pictures show runs of it.

So Yesterday had to get the tool box out and convince the lads that cable tray is a better option, quicker and more flexible. Here is the run as it is of this morning. Been about 10 yrs since I actually run tray but you never loose it, lol as I now get it picked to pieces
trunking with conduit drops looks a lot neater when its on show and is a lot quicker.

no need to tywrap, trunking with lockring+bush and tray drops if it needs to be quick

Reply to Rain stopped so i started. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net