Discuss RAMS in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Toneyz

Hi All,
As most of you may know our company consists of me and my mate well we got asked to strip out redundant fluorescent fittings and install new LED fittings on a mezzanine store area well now we have done the job they have asked for our RAMS does anyone have any simple templates that we can use and there are a few of you one man bands that do a bit of commercial how do you get on with having to do this ( bit hacked off as you turn up and no D.B. marked up no certs feel like asking for their O & M manual oh no they have not got that but you can't turn anything off).

Hi All,
As most of you may know our company consists of me and my mate well we got asked to strip out redundant fluorescent fittings and install new LED fittings on a mezzanine store area well now we have done the job they have asked for our RAMS does anyone have any simple templates that we can use and there are a few of you one man bands that do a bit of commercial how do you get on with having to do this ( bit hacked off as you turn up and no D.B. marked up no certs feel like asking for their O & M manual oh no they have not got that but you can't turn anything off).
Are they asking for Generic RAMS or RAMS for this specific operation, you ought to have a Generic RA in any case Ant, just for cases like these, and to prove to the jobsworths of this world that you and your Company take H&S seriously.
Any use to you?
See below
Risk Assessment Toolkit | Health & Safety | FREE DOWNLOAD - https://www.safety-adviser.co.uk/lead/ed/risk-assessment-toolkit-cb/?
c=bing&msclkid=e9bdfa0e487114394ac8a6fb2dfbf6d7
If you need any guidance you know where I am.

Last edited:
They should have requested to assess the RAMS before the job was carried out, not after.
Although they may be interested how you plan to dispose of the tubes and batteries etc

Seems dumb to ask after you have completed the works!
A
Seems dumb to ask after you have completed the works!
A retrospective --- covering exercise if ever I saw one, OP were there any unforeseen occurrences/accidents/reportable injuries during the working time frame, apart from the state of the Work Site, you have already mentioned? sorry thick fingers caused the above A post

ahh, yes this is a CYA from them to ensure the tubes are not fly tipped with the old packaging and there address on it.

The M.D. gave us the order to do the work it's only a small company they have a maintenance guy for what I don't know he complained that he did not know we were coming I think he is upset he has had his nose put out. But as you say jobsworth.

It is your legal obligation to carry out a risk assessment prior to any works taking place. Without them you are breaking the law and if someone gets hurt expect heavy fines.

There are plenty in line to guide you. Be wary of generic RAMS as they are crap and most principle contractors will see right through them.

The M.D. gave us the order to do the work it's only a small company they have a maintenance guy for what I don't know he complained that he did not know we were coming I think he is upset he has had his nose put out. But as you say jobsworth.
Do a RAMS just to shut him up

It is your legal obligation to carry out a risk assessment prior to any works taking place. Without them you are breaking the law and if someone gets hurt expect heavy fines.

There are plenty in line to guide you. Be wary of generic RAMS as they are crap and most principle contractors will see right through them.

Even for companies with less than 5 employees. I thought this and the one man band types were exempt from quite a lot of the H&S law? Due to the cost constraint for such a small company.

I'm not sure on this, an am probably incorrect. Just to satisfy my own curiosity.

ll employers must conduct a risk assessment. If you have fewer than five employees you don’t have to write anything down.

Taken from: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg449.pdf

Even for companies with less than 5 employees. I thought this and the one man band types were exempt from quite a lot of the H&S law? Due to the cost constraint for such a small company.

I'm not sure on this, an am probably incorrect. Just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Taken from: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg449.pdf
I wouldn't call an electrical contracting business "low risk" though, as mentioned in the introduction, thoughts?

Reply to RAMS in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock