Discuss RATE OF MCB in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

mcbrcd7

DIY
Reaction score
Hello,
Could you please help me, I would need to install Triton T40i Bath/Shower Mixer Booster Pump, this is a "booster shower" only and not an "electrical shower" whose specifications are as follows:
Electrical Voltage: 240V Pump motor rating:73 Watt (nominal) Water Inlet connection ½” BSP male thread. Outlet connection ½” BSP male thread. Entry Points Water bottom left. Cable top right, rear right. Materials Backplate, cover, controls ABS. Dimensions (in millimetres) Height 230 Width 217 Depth 80, and if it is possible I would like to know also what sort of wiring I would need ( 6mm, 10mm etc) being the distance from the consumer unit up to the booster shower unit between 15 mts and 20 mts aprox. and which rate of MCB woud i have, I know the rate of MCB for an "electrical shower" is aprox. 45amp MCB but the rate of a MCB for just a "booster shower" is much less and this is what I also would like to know, what would be the rate in amp for a MCB for a "booster shower" in this case please. In accordance with the instruction manual of the booster this must be fixed into the consumer unit.
I would appreciate your comments,
Thank you

First up, welcome to the forums.

If there isn't a circuit in place already, then this will be notifiable work under Approved Document P of the building regulations because it will involved the installation of a new circuit. As such you will need to either notify building control with your plans ahead of time and pay their fees or engage the services of a competent local electrician who can do the works and the notification for you. You may be able to find a Third Party certifier who would be prepared to work with you. Your options if you intend to do the work yourself are notify building control or the third party certification route.

In terms of the size of the circuit breaker required, in this case I would probably opt for a 6A with a local isolator in the form of a switched fused connection unit with a 3A fuse in it.

First up, welcome to the forums.

If there isn't a circuit in place already, then this will be notifiable work under Approved Document P of the building regulations because it will involved the installation of a new circuit. As such you will need to either notify building control with your plans ahead of time and pay their fees or engage the services of a competent local electrician who can do the works and the notification for you. You may be able to find a Third Party certifier who would be prepared to work with you. Your options if you intend to do the work yourself are notify building control or the third party certification route.

In terms of the size of the circuit breaker required, in this case I would probably opt for a 6A with a local isolator in the form of a switched fused connection unit with a 3A fuse in it.
Thank you very much indeed, there is already a circuit in place and I do apologize to take this opportunity to ask you which wire would be suitable for this job a 6mm wire, 10mm wire etc.,?
Thank you again for your comment.

Reply to RATE OF MCB in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net