Discuss Rated People, Guess the budget? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

1shortcircuit

There are some threads that receive a fair amount of air time and I was wondering if there are enough members on here using this method of attracting work during quieter times?

I often get notifications but rarely purchase leads anymore as my other ads having been earning their money.

Anyway, here is a lead that I have just received.

Please tell me what you think the Clients budget is and then a very rough estimate (going by what information has been posted) of what you believe would be a more realistic value.

Disassembly of a combined fuse box in a Georgian house, separation of electrical services between the main house and the basement, and assembly of new fuse boxes in both main house and the basement.
Additional removal of all current electrical cabling within the basement, (approx 70 m2, all cables on wall surface )

Be interesting to see if others can add to this thread :)

:thumbsup

ANSWER

• Distance2.1
  • BudgetUnder £1,000
  • Purchased3

Approx Budget:Under £1,000
Price:£17.00 + VAT
Description:Disassembly of a combined fuse box in a Georgian house, separation of electrical services between the main house and the basement, and assembly of new fuse boxes in both main house and the basement.
Additional removal of all current electrical cabling within the basement, (approx 70 m2, all cables on wall surface )

Okay so not as ludicrous as some members thought perhaps but nonetheless still way under budget.

The problem I see is even if you were to purchase this lead the problem you'd have is the quality of competitor. We look at a couple of grand, whilst they may look at cost of materials plus a day rate of £100 per day... I'd definitely say that they'll get the job done within their budget.

What kind of job they get done may well be a different story. (There may be exceptions to this ie if a Retired Spark is using the site as a source of pocket money then that really I cannot argue so long as the appropriate notification process is adhered to obviously)

The lights in our communal staircase have stopped working & despite changing the fuse they still won't turn on! I would also like someone to check our entry phone system as I believe one of the buzzers isn't working.

1. [h=2]18 July 2012[/h]
    • 12:0118-07-2012Be the first to buy this job.

• Lead Price£5
    • Budget Under £100

Cost of lead £5........ PLUS VAT!!!

This doughnut is on cloud cuckoo land!!!

Here's another one, these poeple haven't a clue

When i switch on the light for the bathroom on the double switch it trips out on the main fusebox also i need the lights on the kitchen work top to be connected so that they will come on. Also an external light to be fitted at the front door.

Budget under 100 quid LOL. Again leave the poor guy doing it 94 quid in the budget.

Disassembly of a combined fuse box in a Georgian house, separation of electrical services between the main house and the basement, and assembly of new fuse boxes in both main house and the basement.

How funny is this?lol

I've just received a telephone call from a client who is a relative of someone that I have done some work for (A very happy customer I must add;)). When explaining the work I mentioned that it sounds very much like a job I have seen on Rated People.... Turns out it is lmao

This has made me chuckle, going to pop over and take a look at the job today to see exactly how involved it is :D

Sorry if i come across abit numb, but what is all of this rated people/leads business? Are people paying for the opportunity to tender for a job?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly Max, there are loads of sites like this and they all do only two things. 1 Encourage the proliferation of the cowboy and 2 drive rates down because the average clueless punter sets what he/she thinks the job is worth

Exactly Max, there are loads of sites like this and they all do only two things. 1 Encourage the proliferation of the cowboy and 2 drive rates down because the average clueless punter sets what he/she thinks the job is worth

Which is why you need to be selective or know how to work the sites system;)

The job I went to see and............... Yes, well under budget. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up costing 3 grand. Probably just as effective to rewire the place as there are signs of alterations and additions all over the place and they're not tidy ones.

Still someone has half quoted at approx 800 quid lmao

Well i never, nice business idea mind but thats just daft really. No wonder alot people thing they are being ripped off when they get a proper quote!

Well i never, nice business idea mind but thats just daft really. No wonder alot people thing they are being ripped off when they get a proper quote!

I couldn't agree more, some of the competitors quotes are ridiculous. I still compete with these numpties on occasions but I never entertain their quotes. Instead I choose to sell myself and services and work WITH the client.

It's a diary filler at the end of the day, if I know I have a few blanks then I'll see if there are any jobs worth entertaining. Also, I only request notification of jobs within a 5 mile radius and by doing so I know that I am still building a LOCAL client base. This is important to me because I only out by myself in September of last year.

I receive quite a few call from clients friends and families which has been more rewarding.

:thumbsup

Just recieved this one, guess what thebudget is
Looking to rent the house out but need a certificate for electrics
Quote for a fan in bathroom
Quote for replacing a shower
Must be qualified electricians and need to see qualifications

Not quite, under £250.00 Do these people not realize the EICR alone could cost that?

Makes me fume thinking there will be someone out there willing to do it for that budget though. Only joined due to a down turn in work, wish I had saved my tenner and spent in on something more useful like heroine :74:

Reply to Rated People, Guess the budget? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock