Discuss Rated People, Trust a Trader, My Builder etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

if you are careful, you can make it work with rated ppl and my builder. you have to be aware that you'll be buying leads, and some will be rubbish.

There is ALOT of wasted leads through it ..in the last 2 weeks Ive wasted around £200, Although still , I pick up around 4 rewires a month through it so its not all bad !

what i can never understand....is just who the hell do these rated people grab a builder i need a tradesman rubbish think they are...

so..you pay for a lead....cash to them straight away...

what i mean is why do we now have to pay some agency?....

its another parasite....

if folk want some work doing...then they should be able to ring direct...

and just what do these parasites offer the customer?

I have used rated people and I found it ok, however I was only using it for small jobs and part time work so I cant say how it would work if you wanted to get full time work from them.

I think they are in the process of changing their rules though, I was able to claim back the lead cost if I was unable to quote, this is something they seem to be phasing out. I'd check with them exactly what the rules are before signing up as they dont advertise them too well.

I'm not sure why everyone is dead against them. They have their use especially for someone starting out, also they are a business so they're not really going to offer it for free!

The best advice if you are going to use them is try and be first to buy the lead and then ring up straight away.

I have used rated people and I found it ok, however I was only using it for small jobs and part time work so I cant say how it would work if you wanted to get full time work from them.

I think they are in the process of changing their rules though, I was able to claim back the lead cost if I was unable to quote, this is something they seem to be phasing out. I'd check with them exactly what the rules are before signing up as they dont advertise them too well.

I'm not sure why everyone is dead against them. They have their use especially for someone starting out, also they are a business so they're not really going to offer it for free!

The best advice if you are going to use them is try and be first to buy the lead and then ring up straight away.

so be warned for a start

yeah....sat on their arse doing nowt....except riding the backs of them that are..

Chippy mate of mine used it and got quite a few jobs from it. You can narrow the area you want to work, a spark I know used it to get small jobs where he could pick up £50-£100 on his way home.

Rated People have since changed their policy so that now you cannot reclaim credits on jobs that are void. Ive already made a few strong worded emails and a few calls about my dislike of this.

Example, Last week I got a rewire through which cost be around £55 to purchase the details. Budget was under 3k. The guy would not answer the phone,emails or texts , no contact what so ever. I called Rated People and challenged them on this as they had not sold me contact details as promised. For all I know staff at Rated People could have made the details up. They refused to credit this and a few others and said they would be happy to cancel my membership, despite spending hundreds per month.

Where do we stand with this ? Seems to me thats against some sort of trading standards. They have took my money and provided NOTHING !

Reply to Rated People, Trust a Trader, My Builder etc in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net