Discuss Ratedpeople.com?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

cal_dood

Has anybody used ratedpeople to find work??? I had a look this morning and it costs quite abit of money, but then again if it works, it should be worth the business especially for people just setting up???

What do u guys think?!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

used them, not too bad. £10 trial for 1st 3 months then £40/month. you purchase only the leads you think you'll make from. any leads you buy and cannot quote. e.g. client has already sorted it. or you can't contact, RP will credit you with a free lead. only advice i can give you is give it a try. can tell you, it's not a crappy scam like my hammer.

look at it this way. £30 a week will get you a small ad in the local free weekly paper and you may not get 1 phone call.
budget to spend on a few leads and see how it goes. i have had a coup[le of decent jobs out of them, and a few basic call out and fix that just about covered costs.

Last edited:
Yeahhh good point... I think ill give them a try then. I suppose ill only loae a tenner if i decide i dont like it in the firat few weeks or so.... :)

remember the lead cost. varies from £3.50 upwards, depending on the estimated cost of the job. watch out for stupid customer estimates like complete rewire 3 bed house under £2000. or repair to fault, under £100, and the jobs a full day, 30 miles away.

Hi,
I have used them for approx 2.5 years now.
the last lead I bought from them was approx last Aug (2010)!!! I have been busy with recommendations and links from customers that I done work for via rated people.
I think it all depends on the quality of your work (which I am sure is excellent) and your customer skills and understanding.
I am still with them and pay the quarterly £40.00 charge, just in case it goes quiet, but also as you complete jobs, the customers rate you via a star system (5 stars excellent, 1 star poor etc ). This helps you in the future as potential customers can see your ratings.

Well worth it I would say and its not a scam like the others.
Go for it, give it your best and you will be fine.

Hope this is of some help to you,
Sav

I've just started working for myself, and am trying to set up a good customer base, this sounds like it could be usefull for me, thanks cal dood, for bringing this to my atention, will give it a look, anybody else had any experiance of them.

As it turns out I've just joined them around a week ago. my local sparky friend has been with them a while ans has goos experience with them and as telectrix says if you're unable to reach the client or are refused to be given the opportunity to quote they'll credit you with the value of the lead to be able to buy future leads. I must admit I haven't done this yet so can't say how efficient this service would be as it'd involve a phone call. Well for me having been with them for about a week and having bought £150 worth of leads all I got so far is £100 worth of work, a heap of quotes I've given and an equal heap of clients that'd already agreed the job with other competing sparks. It hasn't been the best of start with them but then again I am a newcomer and perhaps it's the build up of 5 star ratings that will gradually shift my repute. Also, your experience of it may vary depending on location as there are quite a few sparks in this area in southeast London.

Agreed it can be a quick turnaround and as such I've mainly stuck to the £4 or so leads with call out charges to make a quick 'buck'.
There're of course bigger jobs on there which, for the time being, I've shyed away from. Mind you, I am also in the process of completing my application for mybuilder.com and as yet have no experience of them other than to say their application process seem to be more vigorous. Not sure if it will translate into jobs though. The difference between Rated People and these guys is that with Rated only 3 tradesmen can purchase a single lead so you stand 1 in 3 chance of getting the job (based on probability alone), whereas with mybuilder the leads are free on the pluss side but on the downside as many as 20 tradesmen may be quoting for a single job (especially if it's a decent one presumably). Furthermore, I believe they also claim 5% stake to your profit. Perhaps at a later date when I've experience of them we can start a new lead unless there're others with experience of both for the comparison. I've no knowledge or experience of myhammer.com so will solely rely on you guys' negative reviews. Hope all tis adds to the topic.

sparks_114. any lead you buy that you can't quote on, you go on to my rated people , on line. click on quality promise, then report a bad lead. no phone calls.

Iv signed up and Yeahh i bought 2 leads one a few days old and the other i was the last to buy it so i didnt get to quote either of them but to be honest i must say it doesnt seem bad at all.. A couple of jobs today have been posted so im gonna give them a try now....

Ill get my credits back for the jobs i disnt quote for and ill keep spending them till.i can quote so i aint fussed, one was free aniway. Overall i think i like the service, just have to see what cash it brings back .

Reply to Ratedpeople.com?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock