Discuss Rates for PIR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pjb1

Hi Fellas
Could you let me know if I'm pricing to high on domestic PIR. had two letting agents phone me now wanting to know what my rates are to carry out a visual inspection, Test, and compile a report.I quoted £150 pound. Am i to expensive?

I looking at your average 3 bed semi, Carry this out average 4 hours that visual,test and cert.

Had a letting agent say they got it done for under ninety pound is the report worth doing for that?

What's your view fellas

Problem is that for under £90 they can't be doing a full periodic. They might do a visual and stick a polarity checker in the sockets to confirm there is an earth.

personally i think you are right in allowing four hours, I would because i would want the report to be right rather than turn a quick buck.

£150 about right for NI anyway I do lose some cause someone always does it cheeper but you gotta do it right ,it does depend on how old the house is and how many times Jesse James and the James gang has been there . But I think 150 is even to little as you said it only really only covers your time and it is of more value to the client, no recognision for our knowledge and the fact that we can say wether or not their house is safe and not just pretty. should be £200.

Thanks Fellas didn't think the rate was to high just wanted to Know what you all feel!
I agree with you lj.l

recognision for our knowledge and the fact that we can say wether or not their house is safe and not just pretty. should be £200.

i charge £125 for 3 bed house..!

however i charged 100 quid other day as bloke needed it done but was huming and haring and i had an empty morning tempted him in !! :) !! i also had a small pat test on the afternoon...! min charge jobby £50 in my village so no massive outlay !! :) 13 items!

stay in bed and ear £25 quid for answering a phone call.. lol..!!!

i would happily do 5 PIR a week for 100-125 quid a time...! little expense and nice and clean 9/10

beem down your way matey with bit work ... well shildon any way!

Last edited by a moderator:
heehee! Did you manage to do owt with the pipe tube?

truthfully honest mate its sat in my Back garden sunbathing as went on holiday soon after collecting it and not had time to get it sorted...! im getting my van decal sorted this month and hopefully get them to also wrap the pipe in a nice black or white vinyl as well...!

did the 3meter one "walk" or did you take it back inside??

£20/circuit for me and dont talk about pipe tubes, left a load of trunking all over the A143 today........Must remember to lock them! FOOL!!!

Reply to Rates for PIR in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net