Discuss RCBO Blew Up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Seems very odd. Out of interest where was the extension lead plugged in... was it plugged into a single phase circuit on a 3 phase system?
Did you verify the voltage of the extension lead between all conductors?

Poor neutral connections can present themselves as reverse polarity and cause higher then normal voltage to run through the coils. Maybe the problem is with the existing circuits.

Yeah was a 13A plug that was wired to a Dura plug, the Dura plug live had been wired incorrectly as I tested it after and there was reverse polarity, I took it apart after and the lead was wired wrong

Yeah was a 13A extension lead that had been wired to a Dura plug, the Dura plug live had been wired incorrectly as I tested it after and took it apart
The Dura plug lead was plugged in to a an extension lead had been used to charge batteries etc for two weeks

Did the fuse in the extension lead blow?

I'm struggling to see how it was a high-current fault and beginning to think it is the FE that can't stand long-term reverse power. Which is odd as the last measurement I did (by accident) suggested no real issue in terms of dissipation on a open neutral sort of fault.

Did the fuse in the extension lead blow?

I'm struggling to see how it was a high-current fault and beginning to think it is the FE that can't stand long-term reverse power. Which is odd as the last measurement I did (by accident) suggested no real issue in terms of dissipation on a open neutral sort of fault.
No fuse didn't blow, breaker replaced and all working and tested fine now

Reply to RCBO Blew Up in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock