Discuss RCBO/CU Problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SSE

-
Reaction score
Went to change mcbs to rcbo's in a wylex board that's used for total control heating. Then I hit a problem as some off the rcbo's don't fit as the neutral bar is in the way! Instead of the main neutral feed to the bar being cable it was one of those copper pre made ones so can't move it up. What's my best bet to solve this problem?!

If there is room to move the bar up take out the solid link and install a linking kit ( MK K5561S )
failing that change the CU

Cool. Do you know where I could get a Wylex one or would the MK one be compatible?

wylex rcbo's dont fit a mk board just in case you are reusing the wylex rcbo's. I think wylex rcbo's do fit hager boards though.

forgive me on this one, but isn't there are reg in the BRB which states that in order to comply, equipment must be used and installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions, and generally in these instructions it states that only genuine equipment which is compatible may be used?

so chopping and changing of manufacturers RCBO's in to another manufacturers CU wouldn't be allowed?

Probably making a right clown of myself here, but thought I'd better ask!

forgive me on this one, but isn't there are reg in the BRB which states that in order to comply, equipment must be used and installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions, and generally in these instructions it states that only genuine equipment which is compatible may be used?

so chopping and changing of manufacturers RCBO's in to another manufacturers CU wouldn't be allowed?

Probably making a right clown of myself here, but thought I'd better ask!

That's a very good point, although I don't remember seeing anything stating this in any CU manufacturers literature, it may be there I guess. I'm not sure that they can reasonably say only their product can be used, as most CUs by definition are adaptable, but who knows.

im sorry mr MK i want a refund as the box i fitted your RCBO in was a wylex and the common din rail caused problems!! dont wash with me! load of bull to be honest! bit like fitting a set of ford wheels on a renault!!! as long as you have not had to adapt the bloody thing to fit it will be ok!

how many of you have left the surface mounted back box of a MK shower pull cord and just replaced a new front with a Niglon or Polar pull cord and discarded the back box from new unit!

Reply to RCBO/CU Problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock