Discuss RCBO - double pole in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ALD

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

A quick question, could a standard single module rcbo be classed as a form of double pole isolation? Or will I have to opt for the twin module.
Got a faulty rcbo on a caravan hook up point an a bit tight for sbace with curent settup in enclosure.

Hi all,

A quick question, could a standard single module rcbo be classed as a form of double pole isolation? Or will I have to opt for the twin module.
Got a faulty rcbo on a caravan hook up point an a bit tight for sbace with curent settup in enclosure.

Without delving into the good book, does the caravan hook up have to have DP devices, or just the caravan. I know there are different regs for the site and the van and this sometimes causes confusion. Maybe worth having a look in part 7, you may not have a problem at all.

Cheers.............Howard

There are DP RCD's within a single sized module, Can't remember the two manufacturer's that i know of, that produce them though. Start googling..lol!!

Without delving into the good book, does the caravan hook up have to have DP devices, or just the caravan. I know there are different regs for the site and the van and this sometimes causes confusion. Maybe worth having a look in part 7, you may not have a problem at all.

Cheers.............Howard

If it's on a TT earthing system ...Yes!!

Most single module RCBO's are single pole anyway and you will struggle to find one that is DP unless you opt for 2 module width, most advertised on the tinenet are either obscure brands or incorrectly labled as DP when they are actually 1P + N, ive just found 3 claimed DP brands but looking at the internal wiring plan they are single.

Last edited:
im certain one will be hager as european spec CU's often come with all D.P. devices.

Maybe, (but Hager doesn't ring a bell in this case) ...but most will be the usual DP breaker size, European DB's are 3 times the size of ours for that very reason. ...lol!! These single module one's that i'm thinking of, are just a little wider than a typical single MCB size, say more in line with a Schneider 25KA rated MCB.

Reply to RCBO - double pole in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net