Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss RCBO tripping next door RCBO in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Testing an RCD on one rfc upstairs tripped the upstairs and downstairs circuis, which was the RCBO next door to it. Turned off the power to all circuits tested downstairs RCBO on its own RCD failed 1x and 5x tests. Disconnected conductors from this RCBO tested RCD at the board worked ok. Put cables back in failed RCD tests. Removed every fuse from every fuse spur and disconnected all plugs etc. Tested ok. Put all the fuses back and all plugs switched on tested again all ok. went upstairs tested rcbo tripped individually. madness ?

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
D

Deleted member 26818

Bit confused with the RCD and RCBO references.
Are you saying that there is some circuits covered by an RCD and other circuits on individual RCBOs?

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
must be the second person to day working on their next door neighbours house I will go round to mine and see if their having trouble.;)

D

Deleted member 105166

topic title somewhat misleading in this context, i.e. "next door"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
topic title somewhat misleading in this context, i.e. "next door"
When I say next door I mean in the box.

was it passing when you tested it with out the circuits being on or off .;)
This occurred when I auto rcd tested upstairs RCBO sockets ‭which was tripping both upstairs and downstairs. The first time I got the Rcbo to pass was when I disconnected all other circuits and disconnected the conductors from the rcbo and rcd tested at the origin.

Rpa07

-
Arms
Esteemed
Polarity in accessories, did you do an R1R2 and test every point? Not sure if that would cause your issues!

Seen some people on here talk about N-E faults causing a RCD to stop operating, never seen it myself but I sure someone else will be able to explain.

Have you tried an insulation resistance test between the two circuits with them disconnected from DB? Perhaps you have a bit of a short between the 2 circuits if they are causing each others RCBO's to operate. Cable burns from installation maybe.

"Removed every fuse from every fuse spur and disconnected all plugs etc. Tested ok"
So with all loads removed the circuit tested ok?
Could one of the appliances be leaking DC or not compatible with an AC type RCBO (assuming it is an AC type RCBO)

Reply to RCBO tripping next door RCBO in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom