Discuss rcbo tripping times in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkygrant

Hi all help please,I tested a6 amp rcbo30ma at board with out load connected the rcd results are 310ms at times 1 and 50ms at times5 so I changed it thinking it was faulty tested new 1I fitted got same results I then rcd tested another rcbo in the board another lighting circuit results are fine I then tuck the 1I tuck out because I thought it was faulty and put in my board at home and the results was fine has any one come across this before and can someone please help with this situation cheers

You might get a better answer if you translated that into English. :)

Did you carry out the tests with the load connected or disconnected?

Is you tester calibrated?

Fluorescent light fittings spring to mind , disconnect the loads and then test...

there's obviously something that is not common to the customer's install and your's. find that and you'll find the answer.

Na I'm out I'm tucked up in bed

Thanks mate l I done zs all good results I'll check ze but imate proper done my head inis there any thing else it could be mate

If there is some electrical equipment present that has a capacatative value that is connected across neutral to earth as may the case in some electronics, particularly on lighting then this can absorb some of the current generated by the tester and delay the switching of the RCBO.
Then again a very long length of cable can also have this effect but not normally at these levels.
You could try disconnecting the outgoing neutral or earth and seeing if that has an effect.
Try and get the RCBO as isolated as possible from all other influences.

I will mate I have tried taking the out going live and neutral out and get the same results just never come across this before so any help much appreciated

Reply to rcbo tripping times in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock