Discuss RCBO'S for less than £10 MCB'S £1.10. Anyone had dealings ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Look exactly the same as MK ones, so...broken MK machine sold off for cheap with new branding? No use for 10ka breakers anyway

I use a panel builder who gets a lot of his switchgear for other panels he builds (not for me!!!) from China, where it's produced using original Telemecanique moulds etc, looks identical, just doesnt say telemec on the front.

Some of its good, some downright dangerous, MCB's that dont trip etc, but he knows which stuff is OK and which isnt

I use a panel builder who gets a lot of his switchgear for other panels he builds (not for me!!!) from China, where it's produced using original Telemecanique moulds etc, looks identical, just doesnt say telemec on the front.

Some of its good, some downright dangerous, MCB's that dont trip etc, but he knows which stuff is OK and which isnt

And this stuff is being sold and installed. Does it have the relevent EN numbers and appropriate certificates?

Well the company has been in business since 1948, and has an actual outlet, it's not just an Internet sales operation, so it's not a fly by night set-up!! Everything looks as if it has all the appropriate BS/EN numbers and the like!! Can't really see a problem with using this companies products.

The price quoted, is around the price of RCBO'S in Cyprus, might even be a bit dearer!! lol!!

Might solve a problem on another thread here too, as far as cost is involved!! lol!!

You get what you pay for and I wouldn't touch these.

That may of been the case in years gone by, but these day's i'm not so sure!! Your being stung left right and centre on many electrical accessories in the UK, and for no other reason than being a recognised name in the industry. Now look at what happened with the MCB recall several known names, but all being manufactured at the same factory!! lol!!

I Dont get it... personally I wish MBC's nd RCBO's, we 50-60 quid a shot then my 20-25% markup would actually be worth it.
If you buy a RCBO for £10 are you going to sell in on to your customers for the same rate as MK or the likes, ie 30-40quid? If you buy a RCBO for a tenner and stick on a couple of quid profit, why??? surely you'd be better off selling MK etc and making your profit margin on higher value goods?

I Dont get it... personally I wish MBC's nd RCBO's, we 50-60 quid a shot then my 20-25% markup would actually be worth it.
If you buy a RCBO for £10 are you going to sell in on to your customers for the same rate as MK or the likes, ie 30-40quid? If you buy a RCBO for a tenner and stick on a couple of quid profit, why??? surely you'd be better off selling MK etc and making your profit margin on higher value goods?

A margins a margin...your not out to make as much money as possible off the products you install you just add your mark up on. You get your money from installing the product...

People might want to save there customers money, offer value for money or are quoting for a job where price matters...

I suppose there worth a punt for someone...

Well, after 20yrs in the business Im not in it for the love, just out to make as much money as possible... I certainily wouldnt buy a cheap product and sell it off as a premium product, but to provide the level of customer care as I do, I'll stick with buying the premium brands which I can have faith in and making my margin on those.

Well, after 20yrs in the business Im not in it for the love, just out to make as much money as possible... I certainily wouldnt buy a cheap product and sell it off as a premium product, but to provide the level of customer care as I do, I'll stick with buying the premium brands which I can have faith in and making my margin on those.

Your knocking a product you haven't tried, yet your singing the praises of products that have failed dismally in the not too distant past!! Which doesn't really add up to me, ...but is one of the reasons why you will continually get stung by these not so premium brands. Who by the way, mostly out-source a lot of there products!!

Im not actually snubbing the product. Im just saying from a business point of view, i could'nt bring myself to sell on the goods at a higher than fair margin, but I have no problem in adding a reasonable margin on the premium brands.

I noticed on this thread that our website and goods are a topic for discussion and I thought I should give you some background into Wyeverne Electrical.
I believe I am the third owner of the business since 1948, and coming from a contracting background, I have been able to continue the trusted reputation of the company.
When I first purchased the company in the early 1990s, Wyeverne had ceased carrying out electrical work and was a shop and a service agent for Dimplex. I needed office space as my contracting company was expanding, so having a shop to help with the overheads was ideal.
As my contracting business continued to expand it became apparent how inadequate the wholesale system was, with the main issue being continuity and availability of stock. I decided that the best thing would be for me to hold my own stock to eliminate the breakdown in the supply chain. Obviously as I was holding a greater volume of stock I expected to get a better price, but the wholesalers did not co-operate. This was when I decided I should become a wholesaler myself, but I did not realise how difficult that would be. After a lot of heart ache Great Eastern Trading (GET) opened me an account (Yes, a company that had its product made in the Far East, but just remember, were bought out by Schneider Electric) and Wyeverne has built from there.
As the business grew the same problems reared their head in the distributor supply chain. I started to increase my stocks to compensate and again didn`t receive the discounts you should expect from buying in volume. If anything the prices went up, with the usual excuses of raw material costs, exchange rate, fuel costs etc. I thought `Hold on, something`s not right here`. Then one day when searching on-line, I saw a picture of an MCB that looks just like the ones we were selling. After some enquiries I had some samples sent over and purchased other samples from other companies selling the same product under their brand name in the UK. It all looked good and we started to import ourselves.
By cutting out the distributor from the supply chain we are able to offer the prices that are being discussed on here. If I went to a trade counter and had to hand over £50-£60 for an RCBO I would think, `Well, at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!`

The problem we have is China and India can pay sweat shop wages and then transport the gear half way across the world and someone over here can sell a whole CU with 10 breakers 2 RCDs for £50 so never mind that for a single RCBO I for one will not use them as I have had my fingers burnt when a RCD would not work causing me more hassle so now I stick to what works and I feel we should be doing more random checks on this because for me the maths dont add up.

I noticed on this thread that our website and goods are a topic for discussion and I thought I should give you some background into Wyeverne Electrical.
I believe I am the third owner of the business since 1948, and coming from a contracting background, I have been able to continue the trusted reputation of the company.
When I first purchased the company in the early 1990s, Wyeverne had ceased carrying out electrical work and was a shop and a service agent for Dimplex. I needed office space as my contracting company was expanding, so having a shop to help with the overheads was ideal.
As my contracting business continued to expand it became apparent how inadequate the wholesale system was, with the main issue being continuity and availability of stock. I decided that the best thing would be for me to hold my own stock to eliminate the breakdown in the supply chain. Obviously as I was holding a greater volume of stock I expected to get a better price, but the wholesalers did not co-operate. This was when I decided I should become a wholesaler myself, but I did not realise how difficult that would be. After a lot of heart ache Great Eastern Trading (GET) opened me an account (Yes, a company that had its product made in the Far East, but just remember, were bought out by Schneider Electric) and Wyeverne has built from there.
As the business grew the same problems reared their head in the distributor supply chain. I started to increase my stocks to compensate and again didn`t receive the discounts you should expect from buying in volume. If anything the prices went up, with the usual excuses of raw material costs, exchange rate, fuel costs etc. I thought `Hold on, something`s not right here`. Then one day when searching on-line, I saw a picture of an MCB that looks just like the ones we were selling. After some enquiries I had some samples sent over and purchased other samples from other companies selling the same product under their brand name in the UK. It all looked good and we started to import ourselves.
By cutting out the distributor from the supply chain we are able to offer the prices that are being discussed on here. If I went to a trade counter and had to hand over £50-£60 for an RCBO I would think, `Well, at least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!`

I agree with you there.Buying cheap 2nd fix accesories is one thing but you dont want any problems with the board or breakers

If this company wants to prove its self why doesn't it offer up a board full and selection of RCBO's. is there a member on here that has the time and know how to put the gear under some tests??

Surely if the gears good by proving it on here they will more than make there cash back 10 fold!

Well it does offer fully loaded CU's with 2 X RCDs and MCB's and empty CU's with just isolators provided. Simple exercise to price up a bare suitable sized CU, and fill it with RCBO's of your choice.

Reply to RCBO'S for less than £10 MCB'S £1.10. Anyone had dealings ? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net