Discuss RCBO's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Regular EF Member
Morning all, and happy easter!

Right, generally speaking, how much are you guys paying for RCBO's at the moment?

Many thanks

topquark

Electricians Arms Member
Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Depends on the manuf, around £25-30 ATM.

Des 56

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Depends on the manuf
It certainly does :eek:

I know of a outlet near me where they go for as little as £12

I have tried one or two and there have been no issues as yet
The big name makes with the big price tags dont mean quality any more

Amp David

Mentor
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
Do the same myself. MK CUs cheap as chips at toolstation too. Just make sure you use the main switch from ECD to then its a perfect fit!

mogga

Just me
last time i had to get a hager RCBO only wholesaler with a 40a in stock where I required it FortWilliam was the three lettered ripoff merchant but still only £25 I recon the guy was having an "off day" lol

R

rocker

Used dozens of Zahlers (the ones from Meteor) and not had a problem yet. And they fix wylex et al.

D

DurhamSparky

nice to know Rockstar!!

So far got Wylex and MK covered with cheap RCBO'!!!

need to start making a definative list to keep in my pocket for pick n mix DB's

pennywise

Regular EF Member
Europa fit hager perfectly

Also you can make the standard 10 way17th hager boards into 16 way units the front cover has some blanks you can just knock out if you need the bigger unit. We just buy lengths of bus bar and a few of the larger neutral and earth terminals

Last edited:
R

rocker

NSB style wylex, which I call normal wylex (the same type as was on the recall, similar in form to newlec and crabtree loadstar). Lately, though, most wylex I get hold of have a busbar connection slightly further towards the front of the breaker, closer to the schneider position but not quite as far forward.

P

Phil

I have had nothing but trouble with the wylex rcbo`s. the plastic keeps snapping on the top when terminating.

R

rocker

I finally had a crack at a BnQ special Nexus board this week and to be fair they are pretty good, may do a bit of a post on it in the products section, but for the purposes of this post, the breakers are closer to the schneider type.... an LG breaker would fly into the Nexus board.

R

rocker

Oh yea and @ phil I fond that problem with most types of RCBO, you get a bit of a split where the plastic joins where you do them up tight!

Dcf

Regular EF Member
Just got done 60 quid for an mem alb32!! New ones don't fit the old boards and the pods r not available anymore oh n the new
memshield 3 rcbos are 57& vat! I think eaton are on crack if they think we are gonna use their stuff at this price.hager for me usually 24.00& vat

P

Phil

Oh yea and @ phil I fond that problem with most types of RCBO, you get a bit of a split where the plastic joins where you do them up tight!
you would have thought they would strengthen them for us that are heavy handed :D the last one i touched just split and i hardly even touched it. i reckon i will be getting them from metor from now on

D

DurhamSparky

last bathch of MK ones did that also!! not happy!! i just poked them back in and turned a blind eye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 60 66.7%
  • Black

Votes: 30 33.3%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.