Discuss RCBO's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Depends on the manuf
It certainly does :eek:

I know of a outlet near me where they go for as little as £12

I have tried one or two and there have been no issues as yet
The big name makes with the big price tags dont mean quality any more

last time i had to get a hager RCBO only wholesaler with a 40a in stock where I required it FortWilliam was the three lettered ripoff merchant but still only £25 I recon the guy was having an "off day" lol

nice to know Rockstar!!

So far got Wylex and MK covered with cheap RCBO'!!!

need to start making a definative list to keep in my pocket for pick n mix DB's

Europa fit hager perfectly

Also you can make the standard 10 way17th hager boards into 16 way units the front cover has some blanks you can just knock out if you need the bigger unit. We just buy lengths of bus bar and a few of the larger neutral and earth terminals

Last edited by a moderator:
NSB style wylex, which I call normal wylex (the same type as was on the recall, similar in form to newlec and crabtree loadstar). Lately, though, most wylex I get hold of have a busbar connection slightly further towards the front of the breaker, closer to the schneider position but not quite as far forward.

I have had nothing but trouble with the wylex rcbo`s. the plastic keeps snapping on the top when terminating.

I finally had a crack at a BnQ special Nexus board this week and to be fair they are pretty good, may do a bit of a post on it in the products section, but for the purposes of this post, the breakers are closer to the schneider type.... an LG breaker would fly into the Nexus board.

Oh yea and @ phil I fond that problem with most types of RCBO, you get a bit of a split where the plastic joins where you do them up tight!

Reply to RCBO's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock