Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Rcd Omission for additional socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,just after some clarification fication. Posted recently about having been on the 2391 course and being told you can add a socket to an existing circuit with no rcd. Went to look at something for a friend to out another socket in where there is no rcd- any ideas? Didn't think you can get round it but want to try

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
or better, RCD the circuit.

Sintra

Admin
Supporter
Install an rcd socket if your additional cabling doesn’t require additional protection.

D

Deleted member 9648

The regs are clear, 13a socket outlets in dwellings require RCD protection.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
The omission of RCDs for sockets is not there to be used as a get around to make your job easier or cheaper, it's there for circumstances when it is necessary.

The rules have been progressively tightened up surrounding this issue due to abuse and misunderstanding of the rules.

Hi all,just after some clarification fication. Posted recently about having been on the 2391 course and being told you can add a socket to an existing circuit with no rcd. Went to look at something for a friend to out another socket in where there is no rcd- any ideas? Didn't think you can get round it but want to try
You can add a socket to a circuit with no rcd however, this does not mean you can omit it for your addition.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats what I thought but hard to believer when I was toldd you dont need it when it is existing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I was told you can add to a circuit without rcd or bonding,the only thing I can relate it to is coding no rcd as c3 rather than being c2, which I originally would have coded it as

You cannot manoeuvre around the fact the new socket requires additional rcd protection.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Rcd Omission for additional socket in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom