Discuss rcd or not rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brf

Hi all,
I am shortly going to be fitting a high integrity distribution board to a property which has two supplies (peak and off peak) fed from the meter outside the garage.the two supplies go into the garage into two 63amp switch/fuse disconnectors the main distribution board is then fed underground in mi cable. (The garage is not attatched to the house) question is,
Do I need to use rcd protection at the head to protect the supply cable or is the switch /fuse enough as I will have all circuits protected internally?

MICC cable does not require RCD protection . however, you might want to consider a 100mA delay RCD for additional protection.

I hope that MICC cable is PVC covered and run in a suitable protective duct!!

I don't know why they call those CU's ''High Integrity'' they are anything but!! The only high integrity CU that i know of, is an all RCBO CU....

Reply to rcd or not rcd in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I am at odds on whether RCD protection is required on an SWA of 14 metres, clipped direct under flooring direct from CU to an exterior...
Replies
Views
Hello Need to replace a distribution board in the next few weeks to allow for more circuits to be installed in January. Existing is a TT system...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone, and apologies for talking work during the holidays😅 I have my first EV charger install job early in the New...
Replies
Views
Hi there , Currently doing a college project where i need to select protective devices for the contract. I'm now at the point of selecting SPDs...
Replies
Views
I'm doing a college design project and need to choose a suitable range of circuit protective devices for the whole contact. I've chosen and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock