Discuss rcd problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

20al

-
Reaction score
fitted a 12 way split board in place of old 6 way re wirable. 2 light circs, one ok, other trips rcd. dis board has 2 ways off main switch and 5 ways off each rcd. time was running out so i tried faulty circ on one of the 2 ways off main switch. mcb held but still took out one rcd. i split light circ in two and got half lights working, connected other half and rcd trips, mcb ok. all lights work if rcd is off. before you ask i had already put neutral of faulty circ into main neutral block. Dis board is Contactum , cheap, i know ! any help guys ? cheers.

The only thing you can really do is carry out an Insulation Resistance test on the lighting to try and find the faulty leg(s). the half that you got working can be left alone, the other half remove all lighting connections and perform IR on each leg and hopefully you'll find the faulty one which you'll have to replace. Hope this helps.

Try both lighting circuits from the same RCD, neutrals in the same bar, that will show you if you have a borrowed neutral (favourite).

Reply to rcd problem in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock