Discuss RCD problem in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

rlz

Hi
When I do a loop test on an installation protected with an rcd using my robin kmp 4118 (no d lock) the rcd doesnt trip.
Both the tester and rcd have been tested ok by other means - any ideas?
Thanks
A very frustrated engineer

Agree with Mark on that.

Some manufacturers RCD's or RCBO's wont trip when loop testing.

If they do trip, then the only option normally is to bridge out the RCD temporarily.

Agree with Mark on that.

Some manufacturers RCD's or RCBO's wont trip when loop testing.

If they do trip, then the only option normally is to bridge out the RCD temporarily.

RCDs aren't supposed to be bridged out, if the RCD trips the value should be calculated using
Zs=Ze+R1+R2 and then noted on the test sheet

As long as you are confident the RCD AND the Loop tester are functioning correctly then I cant see any problem.
As the above post states Zs can be obtained by calculation ,and in fact in some cases to prevent Live Working... this is the only acceptable method to use.

spark1

Reply to RCD problem in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock