Discuss RCD refuses to switch on (up) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I worked for years in electrical wholesalers and understand matters fine.
I reckon I do have a fault, however I cannot understand where. I tripped the in-house mcb and then disconnected the RCD, now when switched up it stays up.

Did you disconnect the load side of the RCD, i.e. remove your wiring?

Looks like its connected up correctly in the house.

1. Are you sure you have the correct neutral and line conductors in the supply side of the RCCB in garage unit? Can't tell from pic.

2. What are your IR results for the final circuits in shed?

The neutral is in the correct neutral bar, the OP has told us twice that the supply to the shed CU is from the non-RCD side of the house CU and the picture proves it.

Easy Tiger. In any case I've already said all that, in a subtle way. So your guilty of plagiarism.

Keep up, you can learn a thing or two from me. :)

PS, thought I was mentoring you anyway. Not turned up at class for a while. Do ya wanna talk about things?

Reply to RCD refuses to switch on (up) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All, I am a homeowner (but not an electrician) and I am renovating a house that has an old CU containing MCBs and an MK LN5725 residual...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I have an issue with the loft socket. When we moved the previous owners had a 2.5mm cable going up from the CU Via FCU however...
Replies
Views
I have pulled out an old evaporative system I purchased many years ago from storage to have a look at it and see if I can get it running. Was...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I have recently moved into a new home and I am having problems with the MCB/RCD tripping (Mem M6 Type 3 - 30mA). It intermittently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock