Discuss RCD Test, new Lighting Circuit in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Having a brain fog moment this morning.

I've just finished installing some new outside lights on a new circuit, and I need to do an RCD Test on the circuit.

The RCD covers this lighting circuit + 3 others, one of which is a radial socket circuit in the garage. I obviously want to make sure that if a fault occurs on the new circuit I've installed it will trip the RCD, but for the life of me I can't remember how to do this for a lighting circuit, or whether I can just plug in my tester on the garage radial and do the RCD test from there on all 4 circuits (The new lighting circuit + the 3 others covered by this RCD).

You do something day in day out, then suddenly you're standing there thinking "S*** I've forgotten how to do it!" in front of a client!

Switch of all circuits and test the rcd at the board. Your continuity, insulation resistance, polarity and earth fault loop impedance should verify the safety of the circuit.
in the midst of chaos, common sense makes a revival.

Reply to RCD Test, new Lighting Circuit in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

As I've mainly done site work and moved into domestic recently, I'm a bit rusty on stuff like this, but if I'm adding a loft PIV unit to an...
Replies
Views
For example the house today had two lighting T&E in the same MCB. I know it's fine, but as I test both 'radials' where and how do we enter them on...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views
Hi Im an apprentice and just wanted to clarify domestic style wiring since i work industrial and don't deal with conventional wiring. in college...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock